Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Passports don't have a conversation mirror unless you get the elite model. Honda really cheaped out here because it seems to be included in every other model/trim package. and base CRVs as early as 2018.

Any idea where I can source this part from, and if it's pretty easy to install? It's a nice feature when you've got kids in the backseat. Pic included below.

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

· Registered
1,110 Posts
The item you are talking about is called the Overhead/Roof console, the part number for the 2019-2021 Passport Elite model is 83250-TK8-A11ZF. I can't say for certain if this will fit a 2022 Passport but I think it should. You may also need to note that the part number for the Touring, EX-L and Sport models are the same with this Elite number so you may need to confirm that it actually carries a conversation mirror before ordering.

Installation is not too involving if you have a good set of pry tools and a Phillips screwdriver. Follow these basic instructions to remove the console and reverse to reassembly.

Automotive parking light Output device Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive side-view mirror

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Font Vehicle

Output device Automotive lighting Bumper Hood Font

· Registered
352 Posts
Interesting change as my 2021 EX-L has the mirror. Seems overkill to make that a part only on Elite models, as not like it can be saving Honda millions there.

Reactions: greenrogue89

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The item you are talking about is called the Overhead/Roof console, the part number for the 2019-2021 Passport Elite model is 83250-TK8-A11ZF. I can't say for certain if this will fit a 2022 Passport but I think it should. You may also need to note that the part number for the Touring, EX-L and Sport models are the same with this Elite number so you may need to confirm that it actually carries a conversation mirror before ordering.

Installation is not too involving if you have a good set of pry tools and a Phillips screwdriver. Follow these basic instructions to remove the console and reverse to reassembly.
Awesome feedback, and thank you for the link/ instructions. I'm wondering if it would be almost easier/cheaper to just cutout an exact piece of flex mirror and use adhesive tape to mount it in the missing space.

*When we first got the vehicle the salesman actually thought the factory had just forgotten to glue the little plastic mirror in the sunglass holder, he had to check the spec sheet and confirm it wasn't included.

· Registered
1,110 Posts
Gluing on a flex mirror could work but to be really effective the mirror you use has to be a convex mirror. The console will also still have to be removed if you want the job to be neat. You should also confirm that the sun glass holder in your present roof console has the two stage closing system that allows the mirror to point towards the rear seats.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gluing on a flex mirror could work but to be really effective the mirror you use has to be a convex mirror. The console will also still have to be removed if you want the job to be neat. You should also confirm that the sun glass holder in your present roof console has the two stage closing system that allows the mirror to point towards the rear seats.
The mirror reflective plastic easily flexes to the already convex shape of the holder. So no issues there.

I've confirmed that all the PP sunglass holders are the same and have the locking feature.

Seems like Honda just really cheaped out here and didn't want to include the ($8-10?) mirror lens on this surface. Seems kinda strange for a $40k vehicle.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update; I still haven't been able to source this part (i.e. just the mirror insert). Honda will only sell you the complete overhead console ($50) plus assembly time. I'm going to research an alternate fix and I'll post back if I find something quick/easy.

· Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
721 Posts
Quick update; I still haven't been able to source this part (i.e. just the mirror insert). Honda will only sell you the complete overhead console ($50) plus assembly time. I'm going to research an alternate fix and I'll post back if I find something quick/easy.
$50 not bad for the part but what would assembly cost? Would this be a difficult install? I do use mine once a Month while transporting our 3 dogs to and from groomer.

· Registered
2022 Passport Trailsport
8 Posts
I bought some thin mirrored self-adhesive plastic from Amazon and tried making an insert for this. It didn't work - the glasses holder is curved both horizontally and vertically, and the plastic would not conform to it and lay flat. Oh well...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts