Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks 19BCPDave,
I'm aware about removing the cover but was wondering if anyone had come up with a work-around to avoid removing the cover. Getting to the positive battery terminal is possible without removing the "snorkel", so Honda should have put the remote ground connection more easily accessible.
Anyone figure out how to put the damn engine cover back on?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anyone figure out how to put the damn engine cover back on?
I agree, the engine cover is bit of a challenge. I applied some white grease to the alignment knobs to make the plastic panel easier to remove for servicing. I wish the engine cover came with a fixed hardware area for easy realignment.

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
190 Posts
I purchased this one in Dec 2013 (according to Amazon), and it still works. My first batttery pack (Walmart brand) only survived 3-4 years. Of course you need to keep them topped off.

Q: Wouldn't those engine covers still prevent you from using one of these devices?
One day I'll pop my hood and do a look-see.
I bought this after see a AAA service truck using one after my regular booster pack died. I actually bought a second one for my sister who is a school teacher and she used it more than me helping her fellow teachers with a jump. Much easier to store and the lithium batteries in it discharge at a much lower rate so you don’t have to keep topping it off as much. Comes in a nice case with all leads and even charging cables for your phone or laptop( comes in handy during a power outage) You can usually get it cheaper when it’s on sale at Harbor freight.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
190 Posts

These are great to keep in your vehicle for jump starting. Much smaller and easier to store and work great. I purchased my first one after seeing a AAA service truck use one to jumpstart a dead battery. I had one of the big bulky booster packs and when it finally died I purchased one of these. I purchased a second one for my sister to keep in her car. She is a schoolteacher and not mechanically inclined at all and was so proud of herself when she used it to help boost a fellow teachers car when the battery died. You can usually get it cheaper when it runs on sale at Harbor freight but there are many different models and types of this available in a wide variety of price ranges. I have the Harbor Freight one and it works great.

·
Registered
824 Posts
After poking around the engine bay with my test light, I was actually able to get a fairly good ground on the fender support by the battery.

After sanding on the edges of it, I obtained an excellent ground.

20201202_083755.jpg

The alligator clips on my portable air compressor are quite small, however, they fit nicely on the lower part of the support.

20201202_153230.jpg

Mission accomplished!

20201202_153558.jpg

21 - 29 of 29 Posts