Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
This was the most reasonable priced set up I could find. (hey, it's on sale again)
It claims to be good for 11 washes (per resin bag), based on 4 min. use. I don't need 4 mins. to rinse the PP or my Pilot. 2.5 mins. is plenty. But the total usage comes out the same - about 44 mins. of use. Then the meter will start to show hardness reading.
The "soap blasting car wash nozzle" was useless for soap. Fine for good rinse pattern.
That's why I tried a 'real' hose end foam gun. Not impressed. My water pressure just too low.
Went with the pressure washer foam cannon and that does the trick.

I should add, after looking at some reviews on the Unger, that this probably won't work for people that have excessive hardness. I knew ahead of time what my hardness was because of my pool test kit. So I expected a good chance it would work.

·
Registered
276 Posts
PPF on all the forward facing painted or piano black surfaces. Meguiars car wash with carnauba wax and 1-2x/year hybrid polish. Still looks new after a year.

Reactions: TROPSSAP

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This was the most reasonable priced set up I could find. (hey, it's on sale again)
It claims to be good for 11 washes (per resin bag), based on 4 min. use. I don't need 4 mins. to rinse the PP or my Pilot. 2.5 mins. is plenty. But the total usage comes out the same - about 44 mins. of use. Then the meter will start to show hardness reading.
The "soap blasting car wash nozzle" was useless for soap. Fine for good rinse pattern.
That's why I tried a 'real' hose end foam gun. Not impressed. My water pressure just too low.
Went with the pressure washer foam cannon and that does the trick.

I should add, after looking at some reviews on the Unger, that this probably won't work for people that have excessive hardness. I knew ahead of time what my hardness was because of my pool test kit. So I expected a good chance it would work.
Thanks for the info! I didn’t even know these existed. Awesome tool to have

·
Registered
225 Posts
Did you ever notice a guy going thru a dealers new car lot with something like a hand truck with a couple of cylinders about 3' tall, hose attached, and spraying down the cars? That's the commercial version of the same thing.

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
I have a Halo 5 Whole House water filter system, that I also use when I wash my vehicles, while not perfect, it does reduce the spotting, the problem with the PP is that is is so damn big, it takes a long time to dry it off with hand towels, so perhaps the blower is the way to go...!

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
825 Posts
Washed my wife’s Rav4 today with Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. Then did a spray and dry with a little OptiCoat Hyper Seal. A little goes a long way.

Rinsed whole car down with the hose, applied the ONR mixture with a pump sprayer. Washed with mitt with ONR mix in a bucket. Finished with OptiCoat and dried/
lightly buffed with clean microfiber towel. Did roof first, then two side panels at a time. With wheel dressing, took me 40 minutes.

I made up a batch of ONR in the pump sprayer with two gallons of distilled water (probably overkill, but cheap), and three capfuls of ONR. So far, I’ve washed my Passport and Rav4 and I still have over a gallon left. This method seems to work very well. Quite easy and no hard buffing.

Wasn’t going to wash it today, but a seagull bombed the side of the Rav4, and sprayed onto the PP. Didn’t want to wash the PP today either, so just sprayed some of the ONR solution on the glass and panel of the PP, washed it with the mitt, and applied some OptiCoat. Bird crap came off very easily, thanks to a prior use of OptiCoat.
D74B4077-5B01-4DBB-929B-4DE63D489B3D.jpeg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've always liked Meguiar's products; Gold Class Car Wash, Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Ultimate Polish, Ultimate Synthetic Liquid Wax, and Ultimate Quik Detailer. Have used these on the Passport since new. We had the full front wrapped with XPEL Ultimate+. After a wash, I treat the XPEL with a warm/hot water rinse to cure any swirls in it, then use their XPEL Ceramic Boost spray. Haven't noticed any stains on it yet, but, we only have 5,500 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I had my PP coated with OptiCoat Pro+ after I got it. Chose the ONR method for washing due to physical limitations. Less work for me, and less backache. Trying to delay a lumbar fusion, but at the same time, I need to move around.

Your PP looks great!

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
I've always liked Meguiar's products; Gold Class Car Wash, Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Ultimate Polish, Ultimate Synthetic Liquid Wax, and Ultimate Quik Detailer. Have used these on the Passport since new. We had the full front wrapped with XPEL Ultimate+. After a wash, I treat the XPEL with a warm/hot water rinse to cure any swirls in it, then use their XPEL Ceramic Boost spray. Haven't noticed any stains on it yet, but, we only have 5,500 miles on it.

View attachment 6375
Myself & Prodgirl both have the same colored PP as you and we both have XPEL covered front-ends. I previously had XPEL on my BMW for many years and it still looked perfect when I sold it, never did any warm water treatments nor the (expensive) XPEL products on it either. I use (and LOVE) the Griots Speed Shine, and typically do my PP after each car wash, for a super shine, to remove any water spots and extend the life of my sealant: Griots is the easiest detail spray I've found...

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
Myself & Prodgirl both have the same colored PP as you and we both have XPEL covered front-ends. I previously had XPEL on my BMW for many years and it still looked perfect when I sold it, never did any warm water treatments nor the (expensive) XPEL products on it either. I use (and LOVE) the Griots Speed Shine, and typically do my PP after each car wash, for a super shine, to remove any water spots and extend the life of my sealant: Griots is the easiest detail spray I've found...

I’ve heard great things about Griots. Might try it out when I run out of my Hyper Seal.

·
Registered
17 Posts

The XPEL Ceramic Boost Spray actually works pretty well to keep the wrap looking glossy and hydrophobic, but, it was complimentary. Not sure if I would have been willing to spend $28+ on it to try it out. I've used the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer on the wrap and it is just as awesome. I also clayed, synthetic waxed, and used the UQD on the Passport's wheels and they have since been extremely simple to keep clean.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I had paint correction done and Modesta applied a week after picking up off the lot. Also went with the Lunar Silver which I find easier to maintain. Current owner of a black Lexus and decided I wanted something more low maintenance. View attachment 6426
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Looking good!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone use CeraTrim on their PP yet? I just had some shipped to me, but was curious if any of you have tried it on your plastics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try Aero 303 to protect those plastic parts.
we use it in the Navy for aircraft canopies and I’ve used it on my sail boat as well.
keeps plastic healthy in the most inhospitable places.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts