Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Maybe I'm not smart enough, but I have yet to find a compass in the car. Anybody find one?
Bailey, bring up your navigation screen. On the lower right corner, you will see the compass points: N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W and NW indicating the direction your PP is pointed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
There's also a compass in the changeable readout in the center of the cluster. It's in one of the menus. I think it's a compass if you are not using navigation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bailey, bring up your navigation screen. On the lower right corner, you will see the compass points: N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W and NW indicating the direction your PP is pointed.
Greeting another question how do I keep the compass display up when I turn my passport on?

·
Registered
892 Posts
First, welcome airdoc to the PP forum. The compass is always present when you have your GPS screen showing.

·
Registered
530 Posts
To show the compass on the dash
screen press "Home", press up or down arrows until Navigation is shown, press Enter to select Navigation. Large 3D compass will be displayed. I wish the PP would show a simple N,S, E,W on the dash right above the temp reading because if you choose something else on the Nav screen or dash
screen there is no compass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It seem
To show the compass on the dash
screen press "Home", press up or down arrows until Navigation is shown, press Enter to select Navigation. Large 3D compass will be displayed. I wish the PP would show a simple N,S, E,W on the dash right above the temp reading because if you choose something else on the Nav screen or dash
screen there is no compass.
Thank you ....I get it that much but once u shut off the car then start it up it doesn't default back to the compass.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would like to keep the compass every time I start the car. Thank u in advance.
This is for my 2019 Pilot Touring, which should be the same for your Passport.

You have to set the "Navigation" app in the driver's information panel to be the "home" or default selection on the top of all other options. If I recall, you do that using the "Arrange Apps" function in the DII (Driver Information Interface). What will happen is when you shut off the car, a different selection such as Trip Computer, Maintenance, or whatever is set as the second selection will always come up first. After about 30 seconds or less, once the GPS picks up a good reading, the "Navigation" selection will then appear and you just press Enter for it since it will be sitting above any other selection. You then have the compass and street name showing.

You are correct though that no compass will show when on a different selection unless you have it showing on the center screen navigation map. Then it can be an option to have it stay on the navigation map.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Greeting another question how do I keep the compass display up when I turn my passport on?
I have the same question. In the center of of the dash, if I pick music stations, it shows up when I turn the vehicle on at the same music station settings, but if I pick navigation, it defaults to something else when I restart.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Read my post right above yours. You have to set Navigation as the top app using the Arrange Apps. Once you restart the car, the second app will always come up UNTIL the GPS picks up a signal. Then and only then will Navigation come up on top and you press Enter. It will not stay, you have to wait for it to come up and you have to press Enter after each restart. It is better than scrolling through the apps though to find Navigation each time if you don't have it as the top app and you use it a lot.

Reactions: gdt5
1 - 14 of 14 Posts