Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Back on the original topic...

I’ve had the BRAKE light go off fairly frequently when there wasn’t an impending collision. Haven’t had the brakes tap, though, unless I really was behind someone. One such occurrence the guy cut me off...that was a bit unsettling.

I’m glad to have the system, though, as long as it doesn’t apply the brakes incorrectly. Given some of the random times these safety features sometimes activate, I’m not entirely trusting of them.
I've experienced the same event. I'll be driving along and the word BRAKE appears in the driver's information panel for seemingly no reason. Can't figure out whats activating it. I'm not that close to another vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've experienced the same event. I'll be driving along and the word BRAKE appears in the driver's information panel for seemingly no reason. Can't figure out whats activating it. I'm not that close to another vehicle.
Per the owner's manual, the CMBS will give that "BRAKE" flash warning when going around curves (even slight curves) or going over hills/changes in elevation. There's a particular spot on my commute each day where it will consistently give me the "BRAKE" warning, and I think it is because I'm going around a slight curve and the radar sensor sees the car in front (traveling the opposite direction) and "thinks" we're going to crash. Its a minor nuisance but I appreciate having the system there for emergencies.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Per the owner's manual, the CMBS will give that "BRAKE" flash warning when going around curves (even slight curves) or going over hills/changes in elevation. There's a particular spot on my commute each day where it will consistently give me the "BRAKE" warning, and I think it is because I'm going around a slight curve and the radar sensor sees the car in front (traveling the opposite direction) and "thinks" we're going to crash. Its a minor nuisance but I appreciate having the system there for emergencies.
Your experience also describes my experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I had a real close call due to my own slightly aggressive driving and the response of the Collision system. There was a car in the left lane this morning going 50 in a 55 (aka 75 during rush hour.) People eventually started to pass around her on the right and jump back into the left. As I went for my move the car abruptly started braking and cut the gas because it thought I was going to hit the car in the middle lane as I was moving to the left lane. It basically acted like I was brake checking the lady going slow in the left lane. Thankfully she was able to stop but it scared the crap out of me and her. I felt really bad. I had my foot on the gas and all of a sudden the gas pedal was cut off and the brakes jammed on really card. If the system had been off it would have been no problem. I didn't think the move I was making was nutty. It was aggressive but there was at least two car lengths for me to move into.

Anyway. The system works and is extremely cautious. I decided to leave it on and just chill out but I would turn it off if I was trying get some where quick and needed to make some tight passes.
Aggressive drivers never think they are nutty ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The system is very aggressive and does occasionally seem to engage for unknown reasons. I have had it slam on the brakes when no one is in front of me... a tad scary and frustrating. It would be nice if there was a way to give feedback to Honda so they can continue to improve the software.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My PP does that occasionally. I've noticed that in each instance I've been driving on a two way road, I am on a curve, and there is oncoming traffic on the other direction lane. The collision avoidance system at work. So far it has not applied the brakes, I suppose the split second change in the oncoming traffic resets the collision system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same thing here, BRAKE light and the warning beeping sound, when there isn't any object in front of me. I was starting to wonder if it could be VASCAR lines or painted crosswalks because a couple of times it has happened when approaching them. Otherwise, there's no rhyme or reason for inaccurate activation. On the positive side, the system does work when needed and I have had one situation where the brakes were applied quite firmly!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I’ve had the same thing with getting the brake warning with no car directly in front. I’ve narrowed it down to curves and oncoming cars in the opposing lane. I guess the angle of the front being slightly left triggers it from the oncoming vehicle.

Aside from that, I was on my way into work this week where 2 highways intersect and there are multiple lanes. That coupled with a slow moving idiot (in morning rush hour, also known as a free for all) caused me to have to do multiple lane changes. Well, the PP didn’t like this and slammed the brakes and fought me changing lanes at about 75 mph. I thought for sure I was headed for heaven (possibly hell but let’s stay positive). Using the blinkers nixes all of this but who does that when in Indy car mode?

·
Registered
331 Posts
My F150 has the same feature. It never, never gives a false collision alert. Hmmmm

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’m average vs aggressive. The collision mitigation system works fine for me. I’ll get the warning light sometimes when I shouldn’t, but no braking. The ACC, on the other hand....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same thing here, BRAKE light and the warning beeping sound, when there isn't any object in front of me. I was starting to wonder if it could be VASCAR lines or painted crosswalks because a couple of times it has happened when approaching them. Otherwise, there's no rhyme or reason for inaccurate activation. On the positive side, the system does work when needed and I have had one situation where the brakes were applied quite firmly!
I have experienced the exact same thing, to the point where the brakes almost stopped us from doing 60mph. We were so happy there were no other vehicles behind us when this happened, nor in front of us.
Then two days ago we ran our PP through the car wash...(I'm not one for using car washes, prefer hand washes)....
anyway....the attendant said to put our PP in neutral .....which I did....then at the end when the light for the car wash
went to green and go...I hit the button for Drive "D" ...NOTHING...it would only rev....I hurried and shut the PP down, restarted and then it went into Drive.....scary since there were multiple cars behind us exiting the car wash.
We have also had the loud thunking when backing up and turning the wheel to the right.
Honestly love this vehicle, but I've never had ONE problem with any of our Honda's since our first new one in 1977
let alone at least three problems with this one right out of the box. Not sure this is a keeper at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The system is very aggressive and does occasionally seem to engage for unknown reasons. I have had it slam on the brakes when no one is in front of me... a tad scary and frustrating. It would be nice if there was a way to give feedback to Honda so they can continue to improve the software.

·
Registered
66 Posts
System is hit or miss lol I was traveling on 2 lane road 65mph and while in a road corner car on opposite lane came into my lane I’d say 3 feet in and I was around 10 ft from him and my car hit brake hard but I had to step on the accelerator and turn my car on the right into the shoulder to clear from his hit. If I’d had not done it and just stay there with brakes he would have hit my new pp ?. As I saw his car still going 2-3ft inside the wrong lane in my rear view mirror.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts