Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started car today ... some frost on windows etc ,, went for short drive ... at some point CMBS
error showed up. Anyone seen that yet ? Car restart did not clear. Looked over at Pilot forum and
seems to be somewhat common...Car has just over 3K miles..2019 ... Nov purchase so little disappointed.
In past I had the "BRAKE" warning show up sometimes (while driving) when I did not expect but ignored it ...
wondering if this is just next level...

Any idea ? Probably time to call the dealer ..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Check the Honda "H" emblem on the front of your grill. If it is crusted with snow or dirt, it will disable the CMBS. Give it a cleaning.

·
Super Moderator
1,622 Posts
Started car today ... some frost on windows etc ,, went for short drive ... at some point CMBS
error showed up. Anyone seen that yet ? Car restart did not clear. Looked over at Pilot forum and
seems to be somewhat common...Car has just over 3K miles..2019 ... Nov purchase so little disappointed.
In past I had the "BREAK" warning show up sometimes (while driving) when I did not expect but ignored it ...
wondering if this is just next level...

Any idea ? Probably time to call the dealer ..
Do not recall seeing this issue pop up on the forum previously, hopefully cleaning the emblem fixes it, much easier than involving the dealer. Please keep us updated..

As far as you receiving a "BREAK" warning, are you sure it was not "BRAKE"? I doubt the Passport is sophisticated enough to know when you need to take a break...lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Went out in the afternoon, started the car and the problem is gone. I hope it was just a thick frost we had. I know it was on the windshield.

Yes, passport supposed to do auto-braking. I think it is part of the same system ... CMBS.. For example, it will apply brakes if you approaching car which is stopped. It did it to me when I had ACC activated while on highway and someone jump in front of me as they were aiming for upcoming exit. The sonar calculate the speed of the car , knows your speed and figures collision is coming unless someone slows down. Pretty sure there are other cases.

My problem is that sometimes, I drive and I see the orange "BRAKE" warning ... not often ...comes and goes away. This is without any cars or obstructions around me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok... you guys got me ... this is what happens when you "work from home" and trying to manage multiple sessions on 15 inch monitor. I wish I can blame it on spellchecker.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think a lot of us, if not all of us, get the orange brake flash from oncoming vehicles from time to time. I’ve not had it happen when there was no oncoming vehicle. If you are getting that with no other vehicle in the vicinity, I’d say that calls for a dealer trip. They’ll likely just reset the system and say it’s fine but may be worth it just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
382 Posts
CBMS will be disabled if the radar behind the front H emblem is obstructed (such as dirt, snow or ice). It has occurred to me a couple of times during a severe snow storm. Once the obstruction is cleared and vehicle restarted, CBMS functioned normally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts