Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2022 Touring in Radiant Red
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2022 Touring in for the recall notice around the auto stop start issue this morning. The recall notice is still popping up in the app. Normally I wouldn't care but it notifies you every few days with a push notification.

Anyone have this happen to them after a recall?

· Registered
2022 Passport AWD
124 Posts
Took my 2022 Touring in for the recall notice around the auto stop start issue this morning. The recall notice is still popping up in the app. Normally I wouldn't care but it notifies you every few days with a push notification.

Anyone have this happen to them after a recall?
WHAT Auto Stop Start recall?? I just ran my '22 EX-L's vin and there aren't ANY recalls.

· Registered
2022 Passport AWD
124 Posts
I checked my 22 Trailsport and there is no recall for my VIN Number either, I purchased mine late November. Most likely your not affected - wait and see if you get the notice in the mail from Honda.
OK. I went back and checked to see if there were any recalls on any '22 Passports, and it still showed zero. Must be a very recent recall..when did you get it?

· Registered
2022 Trailsport
225 Posts
There are no current recalls for safety & defects on any model of 2022 Honda Passport in the United States.

There are a few service bulletins. To avoid paying they must be addressed during the warranty period and cannot be looked up using VIN. You have to call and ask or be notified. This is across all manufacturers. After warranty is over it is on the customers dime to get "service bulletins" repaired.

Good news is Honda and many other Japanese manufacturers (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Toyota come to mind) are very transparent in notifying customers of service bulletins as soon as they are implemented. German/American/European manufactures are horrible at notifying customers. They typically wait until warranty is over with then send a letter.

· Registered
2022 Touring in Radiant Red
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the notice for those that aren't finding it. I noticed in another thread someone else was going in for it but they are also in Canada. Might only be here at the moment.

Rectangle Triangle Font Parallel Brand

· Registered
2022 EX-L AWD
5 Posts
I have an appointment on Monday to take mine in. I already explained to them all the issues with the infortainment system. Not holding my breath, considering Honda has had an opportunity to fix this issue with 2020 or 2021 or 2022 models, yet the issues still exist.

· Registered
15 Posts
There are no current recalls for safety & defects on any model of 2022 Honda Passport in the United States.

There are a few service bulletins. To avoid paying they must be addressed during the warranty period and cannot be looked up using VIN. You have to call and ask or be notified. This is across all manufacturers. After warranty is over it is on the customers dime to get "service bulletins" repaired.

Good news is Honda and many other Japanese manufacturers (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Toyota come to mind) are very transparent in notifying customers of service bulletins as soon as they are implemented. German/American/European manufactures are horrible at notifying customers. They typically wait until warranty is over with then send a letter.
This is false. There is a recall to update the PCM on all stop start equipped Pilots, Passports, and Ridgelines. SB 23-008

As for the app notification, it can take a while depending on how fast the dealer is to submit the claim. I believe once Honda receives the claim it will clear from HondaLink.

· Registered
2022 Passport AWD
124 Posts
This is false. There is a recall to update the PCM on all stop start equipped Pilots, Passports, and Ridgelines. SB 23-008

As for the app notification, it can take a while depending on how fast the dealer is to submit the claim. I believe once Honda receives the claim it will clear from HondaLink.
No recalls show when searching for '2022 Passport' on the Honda site. At least as of yesterday afternoon. I'm in the U.S.

· Registered
368 Posts
I just ran 2 checks for recalls on our '21 Passport. Neither check for VIN or model & year, turned up any active recalls. I am assuming that SB23-008 is a Technical Service Bulletin which are not recalls.

· Registered
15 Posts
I just ran 2 checks for recalls on our '21 Passport. Neither check for VIN or model & year, turned up any active recalls. I am assuming that SB23-008 is a Technical Service Bulletin which are not recalls.
It is a recall.

Could be that certain ones do not have it, best way to check the most current VIN info is through the dealer. I am currently the only one that does updates where I work and I've been doing a lot of them. Had to update all our new car inventory including a bunch that had a stop sale preventing us from selling them to a fleet.

· Registered
2022 Passport AWD
124 Posts
Here's a link to another forum that shows the TSB that this refers to. It's a software update.

· Registered
368 Posts
Here's a link to another forum that shows the TSB that this refers to. It's a software update.
Thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts