Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for cleaning products for the PP dash and leather seats. I really don't like Armor All.
Thanks in advance
Warren

·
Registered
565 Posts
For all interior surfaces, use a clean damp microfiber and a dry microfiber as needed.

For leather seats, the best thing you can do is periodically vacuum the dust, dirt and grime that builds up. Then, use a clean damp microfiber and follow up with a dry microfiber to absorb any excess moisture. Lower grade automotive leather have a plasticizer applied to the surface.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For all interior surfaces, use a clean damp microfiber and a dry microfiber as needed.

For leather seats, the best thing you can do is periodically vacuum the dust, dirt and grime that builds up. Then, use a clean damp microfiber and follow up with a dry microfiber to absorb any excess moisture. Lower grade automotive leather have a plasticizer applied to the surface.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,968 Posts
Reactions: warren83

·
Registered
276 Posts
Reactions: warren83

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use the Lexol kit. Gets the seats clean and in good shape.
Thanks!

·
Registered
892 Posts
To clean/dust my dash I've been using a Mini California Car Duster. I like the reach and that I can easily get into the windshield/dash crevice.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello elder prep
Do you have a recommended place you bought your duster. Is Calfornia duster the brand name?
Thanks
Warren

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hello elder prep
Do you have a recommended place you bought your duster. Is Calfornia duster the brand name?
Thanks
Warren
Hello Warren, Its the name brand California Car Duster. I purchased both on Amazon. I have both the large wood handle duster and, as mentioned in a previous post, the Mini version. If your planning to purchase a Duster, please read all the comments about previous users experiences on the Amazon site. It's important that you read the instructions prior to use, especially the three-day newspaper wrap step. I use both on my PP when a water wash is not needed or I have nothing else to do so I go into my garage and dust! ;) Let us know what you decide. Ken

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,815 Posts
I second the Lexol Cleaner & Conditioner (as two separate items)!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used Griots Interior Cleaner with a microfiber cloth for practically everything. No smell or stickiness. I don't think the seats are "real" leather anyway. I had the Meguires but it can be quite greasy. I usually have to wipe down a second time with a soft cloth.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the Griots recommendation. Just purchased some on Amazon and it should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used Griots Interior Cleaner with a microfiber cloth for practically everything. No smell or stickiness. I don't think the seats are "real" leather anyway. I had the Meguires but it can be quite greasy. I usually have to wipe down a second time with a soft cloth.
My Griots came today. Will give it a try tomorrow. Kind of nice that it does not have an obnoxious scent.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I used the Griots interior cleaner today and I have to say it is awesome and really nice to clean with. I recommend it. Thanks lgotsoul4u for the recommendation.
Warren

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm a fan of Lexol for taking care of the leather seats and the leather dashboard on our other cars. However, it appears the Passport dashboard is some type of vinyl. I used 303 Protectant on the Passport dashboard, interior door surfaces and the outside black plastic areas. It does protect against UV damage.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For those of you out there that use Griot's products. I am currently using their interior cleaner which I really like but now I am looking to possibly order their interior detailer. I am looking for some sun protection and it looks like this will give me that. I am wondering if I should buy the trigger spray or the aerosol version. Anyone use this and how do you like it and what is your delivery preference. Trigger or aerosol?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts