Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point in setting up the Garmin Navigation on my 2022 Passport Elite, it apparently created 724 files with sequential directory names like: "Map_Map.006-Q4100-09".
I believe they are the Honda files because they have the correct install date, and also the file name: Map_Map.006-Q4100-09 then rmu then hondagmfna then 2023-10 and then several more levels of directories ending up with "MEX-MX-COL-POI-006-Q0020-11.nfs" as an example.

My C: drive is filling up, and something like 8 GB of these files is not helping.
I have updated the head unit maps in the Passport with the USB Thumbdrive.
Is it safe to now delete these on the PC? I assume if for some reason I would need to install them again I would have to re-download them.
If there is a map update I assume these are just going to be either deleted then, or overwritten anyway.

OR - Can I just move them to an external drive, then if needed move them back? Probably the safer of the two options.
Anyone know for certain?

·
Registered
750 Posts
If I needed the space I would uninstall Garmin and delete any folder left behind on the hdd, if you need to install again chances are that will be happening no more than once or twice a year and an updated program will be available for download from Garmin.
You can also move some of the sub directories to an external drive but other than the fact that you need to keep a note of what was moved from where in order for the program to keep working, there's also a possibility that you may break the program if Garmin runs at start-up and can't find some files. If you get a message that it needs to repair itself that means everything you move will be downloaded again.

·
Registered
929 Posts
My Garmin doesn't like to take a path/route, which has left turns.

On multiple occasions, Garmin sent me miles and miles out of the way (right turns only), in order to avoid a left turn on to a 2 lane street. My destination was within eye-sight, to my left.

Is there a setting to force Garmin to choose the shortest path?

·
Registered
218 Posts
At some point in setting up the Garmin Navigation on my 2022 Passport Elite, it apparently created 724 files with sequential directory names like: "Map_Map.006-Q4100-09".
I believe they are the Honda files because they have the correct install date, and also the file name: Map_Map.006-Q4100-09 then rmu then hondagmfna then 2023-10 and then several more levels of directories ending up with "MEX-MX-COL-POI-006-Q0020-11.nfs" as an example.

My C: drive is filling up, and something like 8 GB of these files is not helping.
I have updated the head unit maps in the Passport with the USB Thumbdrive.
Is it safe to now delete these on the PC? I assume if for some reason I would need to install them again I would have to re-download them.
If there is a map update I assume these are just going to be either deleted then, or overwritten anyway.

OR - Can I just move them to an external drive, then if needed move them back? Probably the safer of the two options.
Anyone know for certain?
Absolutely you should delete those, as jasonpp said already.

The updates come so far apart that I've sometimes failed to delete them in the past, then I see my PC's backup is way bigger than it should be. Delete the downloaded map update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts