Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get their Passport tinted with ceramic tint? How Much did it cost?

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
No but I got in in my BWM 3-series and for 6 windows (including the windshield) it was a tad over $500 here in California.. I've decide NOT to tint the Passport, I mean with most of the windows dark already and the rear sunvisors and it's illegal to tint the front windows, if why I'm not going to...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tinted the front windows 40% ceramic tint for $155. It was supposed to be $195, but some new guy at the front desk quoted me the wrong amt, and so the owner honored it. They count the two small triangles, so they price it as four windows.This is Pleasanton, SF bay area.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No but I got in in my BWM 3-series and for 6 windows (including the windshield) it was a tad over $500 here in California.. I've decide NOT to tint the Passport, I mean with most of the windows dark already and the rear sunvisors and it's illegal to tint the front windows, if why I'm not going to...
The Passport windows are all factory tinted? if so, do you know what percent?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've never heard of ceramic tinting.

Is it better than the standard tinting I've used on my other cars?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never heard of ceramic tinting.

Is it better than the standard tinting I've used on my other cars?
Ceramic started being used a few yrs ago..LLumar is a top brand..Check out their website..They now have a product called AIR 80 for the windshield which is clear but blocks a significant amount of heat and 99% of UV emissions. The original tint was dyed. Technology is great but it makes a dent in your wallet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
2,315 Posts
EDB (and others) here is why I bought Ceramic tint on my last car and why I'm holding off on the Passport:

There is a local tint shop and they had a display, which I will describe:
Imagine four panes of glass attached at the sides to form a box (with no top or bottom).
This box was mounted over a heat lamp bulb (one that gets VERY hot).
The four sides of the box rotate and so that each side of the box can be in front of the heat lamp bulb.
Two of the glass panes have super dark "Regular" tint, like "Limo" or 5%.
While the other two panes have a 50% & a 35% "Ceramic" tint over them.
I rotated the 4-panes around and the LIGHTEST "Ceramic" blocked MORE Heat than the DARKEST "Regular" tint.
It's great and worth the extra money and you can do the windshield as well, to block even more heat!
And if you want to block HEAT, then YES, installing it over the already dark tint of the Passport will do just that.

I live in So. Cal. near the beach and it rarely gets super hot, plus I can crack my windows, so I'm going to hold off at this time, but having owned Ceramic tint previously, I can attest to how much better itis than Regular tint...!

Hope that helps...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts