Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase passport but arm rest holding me back. Is there anyway to add a feature to center console area to make it similar to most suvs. Basically adding a section to center for a wider or more typical arm rest area. Any ideas? I have an old Honda Pilot and looking to duplicate that feature if at all possible. Thank you for any thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
973 Posts
I came from an old Pilot so I know what you mean. But the Passport's arm rests really aren't as bad as they first seem. Have you tried them, like on an extended test drive?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used to buy aftermarket armrests w cup holders, storage bin, to place on my pickup trucks' bench seats some years back. They would strap down to stay in place.
There should be something out there that'll work for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Been lurking for awhile, just joined.

I came from a 2017 Ram with a massive centre console and thought the same thing.
The Passport armrest's are fine, you won't even notice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I ratchet my armrest at the correct angle, makes it very comfy to hold the steering wheel where I want to lean my right arm on it. Kinda wished there was one for the left arm side, so I could do same on that side.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The seat arm rests are very comfortable and will make long drives less tiring on your arms, since you can hold the steering wheel with your arm still on the armrest. Center console arm rests are always too low or too far set back. Also having the sliding center console cover with enclosed edges is nice for setting phone, wallet, keys, etc all in one place without it falling in the floor or under the seat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am on the team that does not like my armrest. Being a full-size guy it is completely useless for me and therefore there is no armrest support at all, was almost a dealbreaker on Miami car. I have ordered the aftermarket from JJ products and waiting to receive them now. Will post pictures of them once installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I emailed that guy that makes the pilot armrests to see if they fit on the passport but he never got back to me. I cannot stand the narrow armrests. Biggest complaint so far. Super interested in how they work out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am on the team that does not like my armrest. Being a full-size guy it is completely useless for me and therefore there is no armrest support at all, was almost a dealbreaker on Miami car. I have ordered the aftermarket from JJ products and waiting to receive them now. Will post pictures of them once installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have not received in the armrest yet, they didn't say anything about 3 to 4 weeks to get them. I am at three weeks as of today. Talk to the guy last week and he's just waiting for the material company to send the gray leather to him. As soon as they are in stone I was put up pictures

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’m 6’4”, and the armrests are one of the few things I dislike in this car. My elbow wants to rest several inches forward of where the armrest ends. I hope Honda addresses this issue in the next iteration of the PP.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I’m 6’4”, and the armrests are one of the few things I dislike in this car. My elbow wants to rest several inches forward of where the armrest ends. I hope Honda addresses this issue in the next iteration of the PP.
What do you think about the rear legroom?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I like the position of the armrests. Maybe an inch or two extension would be nice but I pull the steering wheel all the way toward me and down as far as can be adjusted and can lean quite comfortably.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I finally got the larger armrest installed from JJ products. In the end they came out very nice but the dealerships service department was completely inapt and getting them installed correctly. They had them backwards and switched around and trying to pass them off as not being able to fit. Total incompetence at Oarsman Honda in Tysons corner Virginia. If you do buy these do not repeat do not let the dealership say they will not fit because the gears are a different style. They do fit. They just need to use the instructions in the template that comes with the armrest.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts