Honda Passport Forum banner

CD Player App Missing

10K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  CharlieJ 
#1 ·
Hi, the dealer installed a CD player in my 2019 Touring model. Th we had trouble getting it in but once they did it worked fine. A few weeks later after installing system updates there is no longer a CD player app and I can’t play CDs. Any ideas?

#2 · (Edited)
You can fix this yourself:
  • From the Home screen. Select All Apps.
  • In the All Apps screen, locate CD and select it in the Show on Home column.
It now should appear on the Home screen.

If that doesn't work, you can re-initialize your CD Player:
1. Press and hold the audio unit power button for 2 seconds to restore the audio and navi system functions.
2. Go to the Dealer Diagnostics screen: Press and hold the volume knob, Day/Night icon, and Home at the same time. The Dealer Diagnostics screen will appear.
3. Select DETAIL INFORMATION & SETTING.
4. Scroll down and select HARDWARE AUTO-DETECT. A Loading screen will appear.
5. Once the system detects the CD player, it will turn green. Then, press APPLY.
6. The Align System Application from Factory Setting information is done pop-up will appear. Press OK.
7. Next, The system will be restarted. Is this OK? pop-up will appear, select Yes.
8. After the system restarts, it will return to the Homescreen. Select All Apps.
9. From the All Apps screen, locate CD and select it in the Show on Home column. It will then appear on the Home screen.
10. Insert CD & Rock Out! (y)

#3 ·
I was excited to see a CD player listed as I often buy CDs on road trips (local music, yard sales, etc.) and I wanted to play them before I got home. The final answer as - you can't have one in an Elite, only some lesser models. What?! :-(
There is a space for it but no.

#5 ·
I was excited to see a CD player listed as I often buy CDs on road trips (local music, yard sales, etc.) and I wanted to play them before I got home. The final answer as - you can't have one in an Elite, only some lesser models. What?! :-(
There is a space for it but no.

You might be able to add one to an Elite - BUT - you would lose the phone charging pad function.

This is the SOLE reason I bought a Touring over the Elite! I need my CDs...lol

Reactions: Tony C
#4 ·
Same thing happened to me and the Honda Tech did basically what PANDA has listed above, I have held off doing the latest update for the same reason!

Please make sure you complain to Honda Corp for this issue, maybe they will fix their future updates!

#8 ·
Received a software update today that once again wipes out the CD player (Thanks again to the HELPFUL Honda people) and used this to restore it:

To Re-initialize your CD Player:
1. Press and hold the audio unit power button for 2 seconds to restore the audio and navi system functions.
2. Go to the Dealer Diagnostics screen: Press and hold the volume knob, Day/Night icon, and Home at the same time. The Dealer Diagnostics screen will appear.
3. Select DETAIL INFORMATION & SETTING.
4. Scroll down and select HARDWARE AUTO-DETECT. A Loading screen will appear.
5. Once the system detects the CD player, it will turn green. Then, press APPLY.
6. The Align System Application from Factory Setting information is done pop-up will appear. Press OK.
7. Next, The system will be restarted. Is this OK? pop-up will appear, select Yes.
8. After the system restarts, it will return to the Home screen. Select All Apps.
9. From the All Apps screen, locate CD and select it in the Show on Home column. It will then appear on the Home screen.

Reactions: Tony C and penzance
#13 ·
Needed to reinstall the CD App after the latest download...

Thank you Helpful Honda guy...!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.