Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody on this forum had their Catalytic converter stolen? A lot of people are getting jacked in my town. They even stole my accountants converter when it was parked at 3 AM in her driveway. The police told her this was the 50th one stolen this month so far in our town and he said their all going after foreign cars. My accountant told me there is a theft device that requires a chain to make it harder to steal it. Does anybody have this theft device on their Passport?

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
451 Posts
It was rampant here in NYC during the winter. They cut the whole piece of pipe connecting the cat to the exhaust system with a battery powered sawzall. Some in my neighborhood caught the whole thing on their cameras, it takes them just about a minute. Welding and the cable deterrence don’t work. They do make for some vehicles a plate that covers the entire catalytic converter. These plates will slow them down but if they really want it they’re going to get it. I believe the company that makes the plates makes one for the Passport/Pilot. They like SUVs, pick up trucks and vans because they are higher off the ground and it’s easier for them to get underneath it. They got three people on my block in the winter and nobody Heard a thing.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Tougher state laws would help. They just keep putting these thugs on the streets. Pathetic!
Gator...What we have here is a failure to communicate.
Centuries of dealing with thieves and where thieves come from have watered down the Justice System.
Why can't States require offenders to break rocks on a chain gang, for 30 days, instead of merely being housed (until the the jails become overpopulated)?
People living in crime infested neighborhoods become criminals themselves, by either taking the law into their own hands or by turning to crime to get ahead. These citizens soon discover the comforts and safety of incarnation over day to day life on the streets.

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
468 Posts
Centuries of dealing with thieves and where thieves come from have watered down the Justice System.
Why can't States require offenders to break rocks on a chain gang, for 30 days, instead of merely being housed (until the the jails become overpopulated)?
People living in crime infested neighborhoods become criminals themselves, by either taking the law into their own hands or by turning to crime to get ahead. These citizens soon discover the comforts and safety of incarnation over day to day life on the streets.
Amen brother!

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
841 Posts
You hit the nail on the head!

Reactions: linkdude64

·
Registered
468 Posts
I’d rather see them chained up and picking up the liter on the side of our roads/hwy’s, it sickens me to see how people don’t care about the only country they have

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer claimed to me that older cars and SUVs are more at risk because the newer vehicles have less valuable metals in the catalytic converters. Most of the ones I’ve seen were older Honda elements, accords, civics. Wheels are obviously commonly stolen as there is an easy resale on them

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,618 Posts
Put your guns away...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Put your guns away...

Also who would kill a person for an insured car part? Seems wildly incongruent no matter how much you love your car

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
841 Posts
Also who would kill a person for an insured car part? Seems wildly incongruent no matter how much you love your car
Or we could go back to chopping hands off of thieves.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Or we could go back to chopping hands off of thieves.
That would work.

Didn't say I'd kill over a insured part - just said deterrence is a good option. Stopping is only needed in the most extreme of situations where you are in fear of your life or the life of your family.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts