Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally backed the AAWireless on indiegogo, but cancelled it. Ordered the Carsifi because their "office" address on website was in U.S. Product still shipped from China. Ordered on 10th. Shipped on 13th. Got here today. Set it up on Note 9 and works. Cycled PP off/on to confirm. Booted and was active in about 20 seconds.

Did notice after turning off and opening door, it powered on momentarily. Think I read in manual that the USB port has power for 30min after off and door is opened. Will need to re-read and verify length of time USB port has power. Unless, someone here knows off the top of your head and use a wireless AA or CarPlay device.

Happy with purchase, but haven't been on a trip yet.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Audio equipment Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

·
Registered
447 Posts
Does this use Bluetooth or WIFI to connect to the phone? The "How it works" on the company's website seems to suggest both.
Please share your opinion on phone battery drain when you go on a trip with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is it uses both. Had wifi and Bluetooth on phone off when initially setup. Both were requested to turn on during setup.

Before Carsifi when plugged in, Android Auto screen would show with "do not disturb" (which could be turned off so notifications would show on phone and not infotainment screen). With Carsifi, the AA icon is at top, but phone display is regular, no AA app running on screen. This is how I prefer phone to be so I can access whatever and not have to exit AA app, which disconnected infotainment from AA. Then would have to close the AA app, unplug, turn car off and open door and reconnect to get AA on infotainment again. Was a pain.

I did test USB and power to it after turning off PP. Sat in PP after turn off and open door with phone plugged in. Charge went away, but then cycled 2x but stopped. Sat in PP for about 5min and watched phone to see if it started charging again. It did not. So this shows me the Carsifi can stay plugged in and not drain battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts