Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened to me a few times now. Typically it happens when I get a call while doing other (like Waze and music). This may have nothing to do with the Honda software, and could be a phone issue.

My CarPlay randomly disconnects and gives me the attached error. Nothing gets me connected again until I power off the vehicle and start up again. Rebooting the phone doesn't help. Unplugging and re-plugging the phone to the car doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
2019-11-26 08.58.56.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a similar problem, except the audio cuts out entirely and then the system won’t shut off, even when you get out of the car and lock the doors.

If you plug a usb keyboard into the port, hit ctr/alt/delete it reboots the Honda system. Seems to keep or working for a while, but it’s happened twice so far and I’m only at 3.5k miles on it. Might want to give it a shot to see if that fixes your issue.

Definitley going to talk to the dealer about it when I go in for the first oil change.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Also, try a new MFi certified cable. Get a good quality one. The very slightest short in the cable can fubar things.
I bought a 0.5 m Apple cable. Want to make sure the cable doesn't cause any issues. $29. Using an Apple XR.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a similar problem, except the audio cuts out entirely and then the system won’t shut off, even when you get out of the car and lock the doors.

If you plug a usb keyboard into the port, hit ctr/alt/delete it reboots the Honda system. Seems to keep or working for a while, but it’s happened twice so far and I’m only at 3.5k miles on it. Might want to give it a shot to see if that fixes your issue.

Definitley going to talk to the dealer about it when I go in for the first oil change.

Just a FYI - I am having the same problem with my 2019 passport - 3700 miles and the radio starts bugging out - I brought it to the dealership and they don't have a firm answer even after speaking with Honda Tech, The tech team suggested to replace the interior floor harness..... they took my whole car apart to make sure it was grounded correctly....now this.....we shall see...

·
Registered
5 Posts
This same thing happened to me with my 2 month old Passport Touring. It caused all screens to go blank. That was crazy. No speedometer reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts