Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone found a solution if they put bins in the cargo area?

They slide all over the mat, so I put a rug gripper in. But now it’s difficult to slide the bins to the edge to get stuff from them.

I’m only 5’ tall, so the struggle is real ??
36D446D0-2498-49D7-B851-29BEE04FEF93.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
913 Posts
Cargo net. I removed the one from our trade-in Pilot and when the Passport arrived home from the dealer, hooked it up. Also purchased, on-line, the cargo cover and mats.
Elite
Luna Silver Metallic

·
Super Moderator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reactions: Beachbum07 and Pdog

·
Registered
489 Posts
This was my solution, or rather my wife solution (it was a birthday present), to keep things from sliding around. The straps allow me to put them across the back or along one side and keep them in place via the cargo tie downs in each corner. Plus is folds and stores n the under deck compartment.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I did the same thing as a few others did. The morning I drove to the dealer to turn in my 2012 Pilot for the 2019 PP Elite, I removed the cargo net and re-installed it in the PP an hour or so later when I arrived home with my new ride. It fit perfectly. We use it weekly to keep the groceries from sliding around back there. Ken

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite
55 Posts
There are some really creative and cost efficient suggestions in this post for cargo storage.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Has anyone found a solution if they put bins in the cargo area?

They slide all over the mat, so I put a rug gripper in. But now it’s difficult to slide the bins to the edge to get stuff from them.

I’m only 5’ tall, so the struggle is real ?? View attachment 2433
Bunjie cords will do the job perfectly, All SUV’s do this. You can also remove the plastic cover in that area and just use the carpet underneath. Easy fix.

·
Registered
37 Posts
These work really well for me -
Box(es) stay where they are put - It works for groceries too ;)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Heather, how about this fix for your 'reach' problem.

Move your storage boxes closer to the back of your PP and using bungee cords hooked to the tie-down loops on the floor to keep your boxes from sliding around and closer to the back hatch door for you to access. Just ensure that you don't get the boxes too close to the back that the hatch door doesn't close. Ken in PA

·
Registered
92 Posts
This was my solution, or rather my wife solution (it was a birthday present), to keep things from sliding around. The straps allow me to put them across the back or along one side and keep them in place via the cargo tie downs in each corner. Plus is folds and stores n the under deck compartment.
Can you post a photo of how this looks, sizing etc in the back. I'm considering this mod.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use clever crates, which fold down flat and stack when you don’t need them, and I use a Nite Ize gear tie to just quickly attach to the left mounting hook to keep them from sliding all over when stacked closed. When I use them, they’re 3 across and fit the space well with only a few inches of room to slide side to side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts