Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,748 Posts
It looks great! my only concern is that it looks too good and makes someone want to steal it even more.
It is a concern, especially in SoCal. But as frustrating as it is to park in my tiny garage, I do so everyday, had the Kahu with GPS tracker alarm on it and very cautious about where I park.

Reactions: Cilles

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It looks great! my only concern is that it looks too good and makes someone want to steal it even more.
At my work, you can park with confidence, leave windows down, doors unlocked, etc. Mostly because for the average thief to get to my car, they have to get past guys with M16's...! (lol)

Reactions: Cilles and ProdGirl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I plan on hydro dipping the trim pieces or painting to match the color of the passport. I currently have the EX-L and the trim Color is not to my liking. Does anyone know how to remove the trim piece on the steering wheel? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
Hello. I plan on hydro dipping the trim pieces or painting to match the color of the passport. I currently have the EX-L and the trim Color is not to my liking. Does anyone know how to remove the trim piece on the steering wheel? Thanks.
What is hydro dipping?
And when they put the carbon fiber on my steering wheel, they cut it outside the vehicle then applied it. It was not removed. Not sure if moving it was a bad idea, or what. I don’t have a photo of this area, will get one tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the response. Hydro is like a film they put on whatever part you wan to cover. Then they spray the part with clear coat to protect the piece. Great for trim panels etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That's the beauty of it, they have some trick that cuts it in place, no panels were removed and the lines are perfect, no scissors or x-acto blades...!
bumping an older thread here -

So StevenD & ProdGirl had someone do their interior piece wraps - Has anyone on here removed any of the trim pieces?
I was thinking of picking up a trim removal tool and giving it a shot - found a guy who did the shifter panel on his own..looks like it is just a bunch of philips head screws...and giving up some free time:

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
We did. Got it done at the same place in HB.
I was going to wrap the exterior glossy trim, but Covid happened and day 448 of no work hit my savings account. So someday...

conversations about the wrap here:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow ProdGirl - that looks great - thanks for linking the thread. I'm hoping to go DIY. Figure the real cost of this process from what I've seen is the labor. Worst case - I peel it off I suppose!

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
Wow ProdGirl - that looks great - thanks for linking the thread. I'm hoping to go DIY. Figure the real cost of this process from what I've seen is the labor. Worst case - I peel it off I suppose!
It was absolutely worth it for me. That gloss interior is way too much.
They did everything that was gloss and hand cut each piece. I think my Passport was there all day.
They might have precuts now, but back then, it was too new. They barely had precuts for the exterior PPF 2 years ago. Hopefully we can get back to work and I can spend some money on the exterior trim, new badge emblems and a few other things.

- Heather

·
Super Moderator
2,748 Posts
Here is Steven’s Passport. He got a bit of a textured look on his gloss.

·
Registered
Deep Scarlet Pearl *2019 Elite AWD*
511 Posts
In fact, I got the idea from Scooter (here) who did a CF wrap himself, I did not have the confidence to do it myself, so I paid ($400) to get the (5) places wrapped with a high quality 3M Carbon Fiber, which included a total of (5) Glossy Black areas in the front seat area.

These were: (1) Driver Door, (2) Passenger Door, (3) All across the Main Dash, (4) Mini-piece left of steering wheel, (5) Center area around Transmission buttons and drink holder. I only have two pictures, but you'll get the idea.

I went with a Gray color as I wanted to add some more contrast to the otherwise all black interior. The Carbon Fiber Wrap has a Matt-type texture to it and s not glossy, so no more micro-scratches! I am super happy with job Corsa Motorsport (Huntington Beach Ca.) did and highly recommend them to any local people looking to do the same..

View attachment 4911

View attachment 4913

QUESTIONS?
Well I finally got to the point I can't stand the piano black anymore and I' going to do a carbon fiber wrap. I've downloaded all the College Hills Honda instructions for components that include how to remove the trim pieces. Ordered 3M Carbon Fiber VVIVID Pro in Meteorite Dark Gray which looks exactly like what Steven shows above. Will probably tackle this during the holidays when I have a couple more days off. Plus it helps to have a warm basement to work in.

Question for you StevenD, with regards to the trim on the doors. Did the shop follow the pattern with respect to the dash? So the carbon fiber diagonal flows from drivers door to dash to the passenger door. Just curious, cause I think this would look best. And want to know how the professional installers look at it.:unsure:
Cheers

Reactions: PNWGarageDad

·
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I think so, it's sort a checkered pattern, I'll get some shots of it posted on the weekend...!

Reactions: Gray_Beard

·
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Not sure how ell this shows any patterns, but it looks fine to me up close...

Vehicle Mirror Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
In fact, I got the idea from Scooter (here) who did a CF wrap himself, I did not have the confidence to do it myself, so I paid ($400) to get the (5) places wrapped with a high quality 3M Carbon Fiber, which included a total of (5) Glossy Black areas in the front seat area.
This is what I want to do to my Blk 2020, too bad I'm on the other side of the country in Sw PA.
Looks great!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not sure how ell this shows any patterns, but it looks fine to me up close...

View attachment 13067
Thanks Steven. When I said pattern I was talking about the checker board diagonal that the weave produces. In your pics the checker board is from low left to high right, basically at a 45 * angle. Which is the same from the dash to the passenger door. I would imagine the drivers door does the same low left to high right diagonal. That being assumed the doors would be not be mirror images or as commonly called book matched of each other.
I'm also toying around with the idea of carbon fiber wrap on the small panel in the door handle pockets. With the elite model these have very diminutive lighting and the lighter pattern might enhance the lighting a little. The nice thing about the 3M material is can be removed without damage to the panels. So if it doesn't look right I can simply remove it.

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
511 Posts
Mission accomplished
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory
Car Gear shift White Motor vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design
Automotive design Vehicle Car Vehicle door Personal luxury car
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle Tints and shades