Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone so today on my way home I fell asleep at my work's parking lot while the PP was on. Lots of work and long hours got me exhausted today and I guess got too cozy. I did notice the gas went down a little more but not significant. I started the PP at 6:15pm and was reading a text. Next thing I remember I woke up at 6:55-7pm. The PP seems fine, any chance I caused damage to it? At most maybe drained a battery a bit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
People do that all the time. Think of the cops in the turn-arounds on the highway. ( minus the sleeping part, hopefully )

You're fine. Use the bed next time.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Water cooled engines are built to run at any speed, (MPH, not RPM's)
Ideling in park, with the heater on, no problem. It'll run just fine all day or until fuel is gone.

Idling with the A/C on a very hot day could cause the engine to overheat.

Reactions: Werlyb23

·
Registered
17 Posts
Years ago after working a double shift, I knew I was sleepy so rolled the drivers side window down on the way home.
I was startled awake by debris from the drivers side mirror being shattered by the post of a "Keep Off Median" sign.
You know where they put those, right? 😀

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Water cooled engines are built to run at any speed. Ideling in park, with the heater on, no problem. It'll run just fine all day or until fuel is gone.

Idling with the A/C on a very hot day could cause the engine to overheat.
Thanks for the explanation. Glad this wasnt summertime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts