Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 52 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
I have an irrational fear of the thing not re-starting, couldn't imagine that along with what you were going through. That sucks and I'm glad everything is okay. I don't normally do or like modifications, but idlestopper is amazing and easy to install.

What battery you going with? The Honda ones are junk and I don't even want to bother with it. I can't get it to fail on our tester either which is required for warranty. Keeps saying its "good, needs recharge" then I let it do its 2 hour recharge... week later I start getting slow/extended cranks again with flickering lights at cold start.

· Registered
49 Posts
Could just be a small percentage experiencing this problem but then again honda has put out a software update to correct this.
Would be interested to find out if the one's that does not use start/stop and if they have early battery failure?
I for one refuse to use a charger on a new vehicle and i always turn off the start/stop feature.
Hopefully the update fixes what I theorize is the core problem; that the PCM undercharges the battery for fuel economy.

There is also a warranty extension that went out about the same time as the update went out to adjust the valves on newer rigs, but that is if you have to cycle the ignition to get it to restart. Unrelated to a failing battery. Older rigs get the valve adjustment, starter, and starter relays replaced I believe.

If you do replace the battery don't forget to do the internal resistance reset. You can do it without a scan tool, but you won't be able to check if it was successful.

· Registered
49 Posts
Curious where you got that info? I brought my 19 in for the TSB and just got the software update. Today, less than 2 weeks since the update the no restart issue has reappeared. My battery was also replaced by the dealer in July… I’m thinking that at minimum a valve adjustment should be done…
Its 23-009 warranty extension. If you are in Canada it might be different or not out for you guys. Honda of Canada is separate from AHM.

1 - 3 of 52 Posts