Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 19 PP has just over 32K.. It is about 5 months from hitting 3 year mark i.e. fuyll warranty ends in Nov. Half of the mileage are multiple 2K miles drives to Florida from IL. I drove the car each day this week . Yesterday I drove my wifes car, and I while pulling into driveway, I was amazed to see the PP front lites flickering...I could not start the car, seemed dead so I figure the battery was acting up. I turn the lite selection from "auto" to "off". This took care of the flickering. Since it was late, I decided to work on it in the morning.

Next morning, the car made weak attempt to turn the engine. No luck. I jumped the car using my wife's car. Seems to be fine now. I drove it multiple times today. Started each time.

So...Since the 3 year warranty still in effect, should I contact the dealer or just go for the new battery on my own bill ?

I am concerned that I am going to waste entire day just to be told battery is fine ??

·
Registered
447 Posts
People here have had mixed results with getting their Honda dealer to replace their battery because most times the dealer tests says the battery is okay.
Nevertheless, your experience is not uncommon, Honda has a bug in the starting/charging system of some of it's SUVs. NHTSA has received several reports and is investigating. See these threads for additional info:

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,550 Posts
I have a 2019 Touring and my battery went bad during the warranty period and my dealer replaced it with a more powerful one, no problem.

I recall them saying the OEM battery was no longer available and only the bigger battery was available. Since I have the upgraded stereo with multiple Amps, I am very happy with the replacement battery and had no further issues.

So the bottom line is, no matter who replaces your battery - get a bigger (more powerful) one...

Cheers

Reactions: BrianLOregon

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the car to the dealer. Ended up with new battery. The dealer claims the battery was near dead due to tailgate light being on continuously. I kind of doubt that as I would see the light on my driveway in the night hours. This was not mentioned on invoice .. just from the guy checking in the car. I figure they dont really know and it is just simpler to replace battery under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts