Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'd like to upgrade to a more robust battery, specifically a yellow-top Optima Battery. They don't have a 2019 Passport as a compatible option. Has anyone upgraded to an Optima and can confirm the size that fits our vehicle?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'd like to upgrade to a more robust battery, specifically a yellow-top Optima Battery. They don't have a 2019 Passport as a compatible option. Has anyone upgraded to an Optima and can confirm the size that fits our vehicle?

Thanks in advance!
Why? What's wrong with the factory provided battery?

Reactions: 2984 and scooter1

·
Registered
353 Posts
My experience has shown that Honda install pretty good batteries from the factory. I have only had to change one Honda battery after owning 6 Hondas. That was in my 2006 S2000 after 12 years of perfect service. I only changed it because of age. It still worked fine.

Reactions: 2984

·
Registered
23 Posts
FYI, looks like Optima now has a battery listed for the 19 PP:

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has installed one.

·
Read Only
394 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
Honda Genuine battery! 100-month limited warranty provides:
• Full coverage for the first 36 months
• Prorated coverage for remainder of warranty period

Optima's warranty

·
Registered
153 Posts
mine is crap might get yellow top too

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Optima batteries owned by Johnson Controls are made in Mexico. Johnson Control batteries at one time were some of the best, but they are not as highly regarded anymore. There are posts on other forums about the Optima batteries that they are not as good as they once were when manufactured by a small company in Colorado. Just like anything else though you will read both good and bad about just about anything.

Right now East Penn/ Deka/ MK batteries are supposed to be about the best and made in the USA. As with just most things though, YMMV!

AGM Batteries

1 - 7 of 7 Posts