Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2019 Honda Passport Elite
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Honda Passport Elite

Ever since early December my car alarm has randomly been going off. Got tired of it and decided to unhook the hatch sensor and it seemed to resolve the issue. But today I started it up and got a new alert: EMISSION SYSTEM PROBLEM.

I scanned the car out of curiosity and I got U0100 3 times. Apprently it’s a battery issue. Has anyone had this happened? Planning on taking it into the shop this weekend, but got a big drive coming up before that. Car prefomance doesn’t feel any different from my experience today.

· Registered
2021 Touring (CAN)
28 Posts
I guess my question to you would be: Has the Battery ever been changed? If not I'd just change it. If it continued, then alternator (but I doubt it).

All kinds of crazy things can happen when the battery is on it's last leg in today's vehicles.

Just a quick tip: If/When you do change that battery-make sure to look at production date on the Battery itself. Get the newest produced battery you can, and not one that has sat in a display for 2 years.

· Registered
2022 Trailsport
225 Posts
Run a load test on your battery. Local auto parts can do it without removing the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts