Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reserved a 2019 Passport Touring that should arrive at the dealership by Sat, 2/9. Before I definitely pull the trigger, I need to get an insurance quote. Here's the problem, my carrier (Progressive) can't quote me because they don't have any Passport VIN numbers in their system. I give them the VIN of the vehicle on order and the system only recognizes that its a Honda, nothing else.
For those who have taken delivery on their Passport, were you able to get a specific quote on the insurance ?
Im in the States, if that matters ....
Thanks !

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have State Farm. Had the same issue, they are listing as a Pilot for now, until it gets in their system. Wouldn’t think there would be a significant price difference in the two.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had no problem with mine. Over my CRV it only increased premiums 16 dollars total for the remainder of the first quarter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had no problem with mine. Over my CRV it only increased premiums 16 dollars total for the remainder of the first quarter.
That's not bad, I can live with that. But again, I called the Insurance Company and they had no idea that the Passport even exists !!
When do VIN numbers hit the insurance companies data base ? Progressive said to call back in 3-5 business days but I may have to make a final decision on the purchase before then .... :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have USAA. When they did the quote the vehicle didn't show in their system, but when they entered it in manually with the VIN it showed up no problem. Six month policy in Alabama runs $369.30 for 100/300/50 liability, 100/300 uninsured motorist injury, towing and labor. Two vehicles on the policy and clean driving record.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts