Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know the differences between the Canadian and American PPs? Are there features/options available on the Canadian models that are not on the American models?

Only thing I noticed is that the CA models have a front wiper de-icer, and there’s no Elite trim available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From most of the part in this vehicle, two versions are identical, nonetheless the touring is the top trim of CA version which has cut some minor equipment that the elite has in US.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
426 Posts
From most of the part in this vehicle, two versions are identical, nonetheless the touring is the top trim of CA version which has cut some minor equipment that the elite has in US.
From checking out the Honda Canada site it seems as if Honda should name the top end Canadian Passport the Tourlite.

·
Registered
426 Posts
We have windshield heaters here in the US. Its called the front window defroster. Maybe not as efficient as the windshield heater, but it works. :LOL:

I did find it interesting that the Canadian windshield heater will only run for 10 minutes and then automatically shut off. Apparently it draws a ton of juice and does get quite hot.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Windshield de-icer is useless, you guys are not missing much without it! Our sport model is much better equipped then the US sport however

·
Registered
441 Posts
Windshield de-icer is useless, you guys are not missing much without it! Our sport model is much better equipped then the US sport however
I had a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe with a windshield de-icer and the few times I needed it I found it to be very useful.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah I can understand. I think you would be better served with a whole car deicer in Canada. :LOL:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Canadian Passports are a little different in features. An EX-L was at our metro Detroit Meijer's Store... and it has cameras on the mirror... it's the old Honda Lane change camera... We don't have these because we have Blind Spot monitoring now....
2019-08-04 Canadian Passport.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe with a windshield de-icer and the few times I needed it I found it to be very useful.
Theres been some issues reported over on the Ridgeline forum about lower windshields cracking possibly due to the de-icers, really cold glass meets instant heat! I turn it off when it comes on automatically and I put my wipers up when I'm expecting snow or freezing rain.
Again for me personally, I could do without, haven't needed such a feature in 35 yrs of Canadian winters don't need it now especially with the paper thin glass used on today's vehicles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts