Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! Saw only my second Passport in the wild today at my local Meijers store in suburban Detroit. I parked right next to it. I'm the black one in the backround...

It was an Ontario Canada car (licence plates)... they badge Passports differently there (Tailgate just said "AWD" in lower right corner)... but this appeared to be an EX-L (had leather and higher end radio) but had the base sport wheels?? The really strange thing is it had Honda's older "Lane Watch" system on the passenger door mirror. I don't think you can get this at all on a US Honda Passport? Any of our Canadian friends out there to comment?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I actually like this feature when I had my 2015 Fit. Moving onto CR-V and now passport, they eliminate this feature and put the blind spot information system. I would have install this if it is an option for US.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I think it is pretty cool, but can understand the overlapping of both systems. Just strange that Honda builds two different versions ... one for Canadian market and one for US... I think this is telling me Lane Watch is the cheaper of the two...
One other thing, is this vehicle also has signal mirrors.... On USA varients, you need to option for Touring or Elite to get these...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Sport also has the camera on the passenger mirror, the Canadian sport also has the "high end" radio.
This vehicle had leather seats.... it was no sport, unless they have leather too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Canadian sport trims have the sport badge on them, so this was an ex-l. We only get the blind spot monitoring on the top trim (touring for us), while the rest get the lane watch camera. Dunno why this one has the base wheels though, maybe an exchange with someone else?

·
Registered
81 Posts
This vehicle had leather seats.... it was no sport, unless they have leather too.
I know what you said, just mentioned what our sport trims get over the US one's
Our Sport model is pretty heavily optioned out from the factory, which is why it was good enough for me since am not a fan of leathet seats unless it real leather.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, thanks....I came across as being sharp...didn't mean to... I just know the Canadian models only go up to "Touring" which is equivalent to our "Elite". Thanks. Kinda cool to see the differences between the two countries... so are Canadian Passports just 3 trims? Sport (base), EX-L and Touring?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, thanks....I came across as being sharp...didn't mean to... I just know the Canadian models only go up to "Touring" which is equivalent to our "Elite". Thanks. Kinda cool to see the differences between the two countries... so are Canadian Passports just 3 trims? Sport (base), EX-L and Touring?
Yup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a Touring model same as elite model in the states but with no sunshades in rear doors . The Touring model does not have lane watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts