Honda Passport Forum banner

Bumpy ride

6K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  carpayments4life 
#1 ·
Just bought a new ‘22 Elite and can not get used to the bumpy ride. I like everything else about the vehicle. I have only driven it 250 miles but seem to get a headache after driving. Is it just the suspension? 20” wheels?

#12 ·
Yeah, this is the first thing to try. Mine were pumped up well past 40 when the car was new. Knocking them down to 37 helped some. (I did this when it was 40/50s F. When it gets down into 30s F, it drops to 35.)

I like a firm ride so it was easy for me to get used to it after that.

#5 ·
The Continental are terrible.
I went with these wheels and tires and it’s the quietest, smoothest Honda I’ve ever owned!
KMC KM707 20”
Michelin - Pilot Sport All Season - 275/45/R20

Reactions: BrianLOregon
#11 ·
How about the Firestones on the Trailsport? Anyone have feedback? TIA

#13 ·
Getting more rubber and air, between my rim and the asphalt was the best thing I've done to my Passport.

I got tired of the bumpy ride, due to low profile sporty tires.
The OEM tire height is 29.6 tall and that is the height of the Goodyear ComfortDrive tires (245/60/18) that I bought.

I could have had a replacement tire, which was 30" tall (235/65/18), but that is a very skinny tire (7.5" tread width). The Touring OEM 265/45/20 has a 9" tread width.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.