Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going to install a bull bar on their Passport. I have been looking for one specific to the Passport model. I think it would enhance the outdoor theme and look. I have a black elite so looking for a black bar. Haven’t found what I am looking for yet.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Please educate me, what is a bull bar?
On an 18-wheeler/semi-truck, it has practical applications to protect from a front-end collision with a large animal. "Bull bar" because on remote roads that I've witness (like Montana), there is "open range" for cattles (aka, free range cows). It can be a very dangerous encounter! Once, I was on a secondary road in Kentucky and enjoying the winding back roads. I came around a curve to meet a full grown Angus in standing the middle of the road. His buddies (2 other Angus) were on the side of the road enjoying the scene. :eek:

On a passenger vehicle, its primary purpose is a brush guard.

·
Registered
892 Posts
On an 18-wheeler/semi-truck, it has practical applications to protect from a front-end collision with a large animal. "Bull bar" because on remote roads that I've witness (like Montana), there is "open range" for cattles (aka, free range cows). It can be a very dangerous encounter! Once, I was on a secondary road in Kentucky and enjoying the winding back roads. I came around a curve to meet a full grown Angus in standing the middle of the road. His buddies (2 other Angus) were on the side of the road enjoying the scene. :eek:

DudeCS thanks for the information on what a bull bar is.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Down Under (Australia) they are call them "Roo Guards"
1557229092686.png

·
Registered
200 Posts

Exactly. On a passenger vehicle, in an actual impact, they do more damage to your vehicle than if you didn't have it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had a chance to see a couple of photos of the prototype for the JSport Rally Bar with integrated skid plate and lighting mounts. It looks like it's going to be worth waiting for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts