Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2020 Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steele
334 Posts
Tennis Ball doesn't work very well when you have dogs that love to play fetch and their favorite fetch toy is of course a tennis ball. The wife hated touching the dogs butt to her front windshield.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mirror replaced --- $304.00 including labor. Probably could have had it done cheaper, or gotten the park and messed it up trying to do it myself, but I'm a busy person being considered "essential" right now ha! Luckily car repairs are still essential in Ohio too otherwise I'd be driving around looking like a stooge with a broken mirror for Lord knows how long.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I tried the tennis ball hanging on the string years ago and got tired of bumping into it or walking around it when the car was out of the garage. I came up with a solution that has worked for me. I have small tabs of blue painter tape on the garage wall which I line up with my headlight beams. I have a 12" strip of yellow vinyl tape on the floor and a small strip of the same tape on the door sill, when I know I'm getting close, I open the driver door a bit, look down and stop when the two tape marks are lined up. By coincidence, the front parking sensor goes from beeping to steady sound at the same point. Still though I eyeball the tape marks.

·
Registered
2020 Elite White Diamond Pearl Orange/Black Trim Go OSU Cowboys
7 Posts
My garage was built in 1947. I have approximately 1.5 inches on both sides of the door and the mirrors. I found folding them was a pain for viewing. I use both the tennis ball and a rubber stop mat for the left front tire. Making sure I’m forward enough to open the tailgate with the door closed is tight. DON’T OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR WITH THE LIFTGATE OPEN. I did scrape the left front wheel coming out and getting too close to a natural rock wall that sticks out. Bigger issue is I now have a dent in the left rear quarter panel. I did my first towing with our small trailer and, while backing, I was looking right, I slowly jackknifed the trailer and it dented the PP. I’ll see now if the Kara insurance will cover. It’s supposed to cover paintless dent repair and the paint seems ok.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mirror replaced --- $304.00 including labor. Probably could have had it done cheaper, or gotten the park and messed it up trying to do it myself, but I'm a busy person being considered "essential" right now ha! Luckily car repairs are still essential in Ohio too otherwise I'd be driving around looking like a stooge with a broken mirror for Lord knows how long.
Heck, no hurry to have gotten it repaired living in Ohio! They allow cars and trucks running around with no bumpers, no mirrors, no exhaust, etc. One of the "advantages" of living in a state which has never had a required vehicle inspection program. Of course those of us who do keep our vehicles maintained well can only shake our heads and frown when we see those unsafe vehicles driving on the roads along side of us.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts