Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
$400 to calibrate a camera? If mine ever goes bad and I can't find a way to calibrate it myself, I guess it won't get calibrated and I'll just disconnect/bypass everything that camera has anything to do with.
They said it was my cruise control camera which I’ve used one time almost two years ago. I’m sure it’s a pretty easy procedure though

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you have full glass coverage on your auto insurance policy, windshield replacement and camera calibration may be covered. Glass coverage may also allow you to request replacement if the windshield is severely pitted, with a limitation on number of windshield replacement per year.
I have a $100 deductible on glass, but the recalibration will be done by Honda on warranty work, even though the auto glass company said they had to do it, but after talking to the Honda rep we both agreed that the glass company just wanted to get paid by my insurance company for the camera install and recalibration

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you have full glass coverage on your auto insurance policy, windshield replacement and camera calibration may be covered. Glass coverage may also allow you to request replacement if the windshield is severely pitted, with a limitation on number of windshield replacement per year.
I do carry that coverage and have used it before on my other vehicles, $100.00 deductible, but this is the first vehicle I've ever owned with so many gadgets, cameras, etc. My windshield already took a good rock hit when my wife was driving, not even 1000 miles yet at that point, it just left some nice chips but no stars or cracks just yet.

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite
839 Posts
I have a $100 deductible on glass, but the recalibration will be done by Honda on warranty work, even though the auto glass company said they had to do it, but after talking to the Honda rep we both agreed that the glass company just wanted to get paid by my insurance company for the camera install and recalibration
I do carry that coverage and have used it before on my other vehicles, $100.00 deductible, but this is the first vehicle I've ever owned with so many gadgets, cameras, etc. My windshield already took a good rock hit when my wife was driving, not even 1000 miles yet at that point, it just left some nice chips but no stars or cracks just yet.
I have had two windshield replacements and a moonroof replacement on my Passport already. Lots of highway miles and it only takes a small rock to cause damage at speed. I've been fortunate that my local glass shop has done a good job on the windshield replacement and recalibration of the safety cameras. For the calibration, the vehicle is taken on a test drive with equipment connected. My windshield is currently quite pitted and a scratch from accidentally running the wiper dry with debris, so it may be time for another replacement soon. No deductible full glass coverage has been worthwhile for our high annual mileage case.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well it was too go to be true (expected), since picking my PP up Saturday my ACC and every other warning has showed up again, and once again the head unit states problem with ACC.
As I mentioned previously they said it was the camera so they replaced it under warrant.

Any of you have this issue and what was it ?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well I took my PP to Kirkland again to fix the warning lights coming on. When I went to pick it up he said that they had to replace something on the steering wheel that controls the cruise control. The mechanic took it for a drive and the warning lights came on again, so he attached the computer to the PP and found that there was a loose wiring connection on the warranty replaced Head unit

·
Registered
757 Posts
Well I took my PP to Kirkland again to fix the warning lights coming on. When I went to pick it up he said that they had to replace something on the steering wheel that controls the cruise control. The mechanic took it for a drive and the warning lights came on again, so he attached the computer to the PP and found that there was a loose wiring connection on the warranty replaced Head unit
I'm always happy when I read that a problem has been resolved, I also try and take notes because - just in case, however, the way your Honda dealer has gone about this fix with several items replaced in a seemingly roulette spin manner I don't know what they actually fixed to solve the problem at this point. Hoping your vehicle will now be trouble free.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm always happy when I read that a problem has been resolved, I also try and take notes because - just in case, however, the way your Honda dealer has gone about this fix with several items replaced in a seemingly roulette spin manner I don't know what they actually fixed to solve the problem at this point. Hoping your vehicle will now be trouble free.
I really hate taking my vehicles to dealers, but our two current vehicles are still under warrant. As soon as the warranty is up though it will be going to Main Street Auto for its maintenance in Monroe Washington, best Honda and Acura ONLY mechanic around

21 - 29 of 29 Posts