Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else noticed the body panels on the passport don't line up perfectly? I have a few spots on my car where the gaps between the panels are a little inconsistent. Or where two panels meet, one will stick out further than the other.

The drivers door where it meets the front fender panel is a good example. Right under the mirror, the fender panel sticks out further than the driver door. They just don't line up perfectly. It's not the same on the passenger side, which looks like it should to me. I'm not an autobody technician but I like to think I can tell when body panel gaps look off.

Has anyone else noticed this? I bought my car a month and a half ago. Did I get the first one that came off the assembly line? The practice car? Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I'll try to get some pictures of what I am talking about. Also, I am a perfectionist so I might be over exaggerating the issue.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Has anybody else noticed the body panels on the passport don't line up perfectly? I have a few spots on my car where the gaps between the panels are a little inconsistent. Or where two panels meet, one will stick out further than the other.

The drivers door where it meets the front fender panel is a good example. Right under the mirror, the fender panel sticks out further than the driver door. They just don't line up perfectly. It's not the same on the passenger side, which looks like it should to me. I'm not an autobody technician but I like to think I can tell when body panel gaps look off.

Has anyone else noticed this? I bought my car a month and a half ago. Did I get the first one that came off the assembly line? The practice car? Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I'll try to get some pictures of what I am talking about. Also, I am a perfectionist so I might be over exaggerating the issue.
Let's see some photos.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Did I get the first one that came off the assembly line?
What are the last series of numbers in your VIN? That indicates the prodection number of your Passport. Mine is # 155 and the panel fit is good. I notice things like this also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pictures. Under driver mirror. Fender sticks out farther than door at the very top.
1.jpg

Where the hood meets the passenger side front fender, it is almost touching it is so close.
2.jpg

The rear bumper on the driver side. There is a big wad of paint in the seam. Also, the black spot on the corner of the bumper cover is where the paint is actually missing. I think we bought it that way and didn't notice until a month later.
3.jpg

Otherwise, my wife and I love the car. :) My car is number 5334 according to the vin.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Here are some pictures. Under driver mirror. Fender sticks out farther than door at the very top.
View attachment 2613
Where the hood meets the passenger side front fender, it is almost touching it is so close.
View attachment 2615
The rear bumper on the driver side. There is a big wad of paint in the seam. Also, the black spot on the corner of the bumper cover is where the paint is actually missing. I think we bought it that way and didn't notice until a month later.
View attachment 2617

Otherwise, my wife and I love the car. :) My car is number 5334 according to the vin.
I matched all three photos against my Luna Silver, Elite, car #: 12655 and none showed the issues that coors317 indicated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. It's the spot that bothers me the most. That picture angle really makes it look bad. Here is another angle where it doesn't look as bad.
8.jpg

And here it is looking from back to front.
7.jpg

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have noticed similar issues in the same places. Maybe that's what we get for going with white. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Sorry to hear op. I learned a similar lesson years ago with a Jeep . I don’t sign for any vehicle until it’s prepped and clean. Sunlight preferred but if rains or night I look in the shop with a bright flashlight.
In your case a reputable dealer should send it to an experienced shop. If not try another dealer or file a case with Honda. That’s unacceptable and I would ask for a new car if they can’t fix it

·
461 Posts
Sorry to see this (was on vacation so late to the game) but there is no way that would be ok and hope the dealer makes that right for you and the Mrs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts