Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having trouble with their phone calls? Everyone I speak to via Bluetooth says they can barely hear me. Tested with Wife's phone and yes, certainly faint.

Understanding this would be a tough one to prove, I still took it to the dealer. As expected, they said they connected a few other phones and didn't have the issue.

It's not that the mic isn't working, it's just very faint. Yesterday, when I turned off the car and switched to handset, my brother was like WHOA, huge difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having same issue with my passport. I had the same problem with my 2017 accord as well. Honda needs to fix it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven't had any issues with people hearing me (whether they're listening is another matter for another forum). I have a Pixel 3.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am having same issue with my passport. I had the same problem with my 2017 accord as well. Honda needs to fix it. Any suggestions?
I have not figured it out. My wife called me today with her iPhone X to my iPhone8 and I could barely hear her. I thought it might be an issue with my earpiece. This needs to be fixed but I have no idea how to present this to Honda.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the same issue. Wife has a Samsung J3V and I have a Pixel 2. Happens with both phones, person speaking through BT is barely audible. Speaker volume is fine, and I can't find any setting to turn up the mic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone solve this problem?? I just got my passport and people can barely hear me when I’m using Bluetooth. I can hear them just fine though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have not experienced this issue, using older iphone 6S. all seems to work as intended, volume good on both ends. I know that this is not very helpful as far as solving the problem, but perhaps some insight can be gained from knowing that it is not a global problem on all Passports and phones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone solve this problem?? I just got my passport and people can barely hear me when I’m using Bluetooth. I can hear them just fine though.
No, not yet. Honda dealer has even replaced the microphone in our Passport, problem remains. No one can hear me or the wife when calling from this car. Currently using a Pixel 2, upgrading to Pixel 4. Will report back if the new phone 'resolves' the issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No not yet. Honda is replacing the microphone in my Passport next week but I'm not optimistic this is the problem. @CanisiusHistGrad what is the next step from Honda? Perhaps replacing the headunit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, not yet. Honda dealer has even replaced the microphone in our Passport, problem remains. No one can hear me or the wife when calling from this car. Currently using a Pixel 2, upgrading to Pixel 4. Will report back if the new phone 'resolves' the issue.

Did new phone resolve? Are you still taking this up with Honda?

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L Modern Steel Metallic
45 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with their phone calls? Everyone I speak to via Bluetooth says they can barely hear me. Tested with Wife's phone and yes, certainly faint.

Understanding this would be a tough one to prove, I still took it to the dealer. As expected, they said they connected a few other phones and didn't have the issue.

It's not that the mic isn't working, it's just very faint. Yesterday, when I turned off the car and switched to handset, my brother was like WHOA, huge difference.
Is the "media volume" turned up on your phone?

·
Registered
2020 Passport EX-L Modern Steel Metallic
45 Posts
Is the "media volume" turned up on your phone?
Addition: just a thought, turning up that volume, as I've had your issue with my Galaxy Note Ultra and I somehow fixed it and I think that's what I played with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts