Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from the 2017 CR-V which the system always activate, system always beeping when there are vehicle in my blind spot if I want to change lane. But for the Passport, I realize it is sometime working. a lot of time not. Is the system only activate at certain speed???

·
Registered
120 Posts
If a vehicle is in your blind spot the little icon lights up. When you put your signal on when someone is in your blindspot that is when you get the warning beep.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will give a try this weekend. I just picked up mine Saturday and found out tire is leaking air and barely drive on Sunday. But I realized the blind spot information system doesn't really alert me. But thanks to the huge side mirror. I am able to see more around me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Personally I don't like the placement of the alert icons. I think they should be on the mirrors not on that inside panel, but that is just my preference. Think the more you drive it you probably start to notice them on out of the corner of your eye.

·
Registered
68 Posts
From the owner’s manual, it says that the system operates when the transmission is on D, and the vehicle speed is between 20 and 100 mph.

Maybe your speed was too slow (or too fast)...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. will test it out this weekend. Whoever did the pre-inspection to my car puncture my tire with the license plate screw last Saturday. So I was driving very gentle with my Passport during last weekend.

·
461 Posts
Personally I don't like the placement of the alert icons. I think they should be on the mirrors not on that inside panel, but that is just my preference. Think the more you drive it you probably start to notice them on out of the corner of your eye.
Interesting, me and the Mrs really like the placement of the ‘alerts’ vs all of the other cars we have had or have with the ‘alerts’ on the mirrors, as we easily see them in our peripheral vision now - I know, to each their own, but I’m liking where they are ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same here, really like the alerts being inside, for when your Passport get all muddy (for those who go off-road) or frosty covered with snow (for us living in the North).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks. will test it out this weekend. Whoever did the pre-inspection to my car puncture my tire with the license plate screw last Saturday. So I was driving very gentle with my Passport during last weekend.
Ooh so you're losing $100 nitrogen add on my dealer shows on the front window sticker? ;?)

·
Registered
184 Posts
After 5,500 miles, I’m still not used to it. I really wish they were in the mirror itself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree — I liked the alerts in the CR-V mirror better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts