Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the plasti dip method for my '20 Elite but wasn't 100% happy with it so I just ordered the gloss black badging to put on instead...I too will just leave the H emblem alone and only replace the PASSPORT, ELITE & AWD badges

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
92 Posts
I did the plasti dip method for my '20 Elite but wasn't 100% happy with it so I just ordered the gloss black badging to put on instead...I too will just leave the H emblem alone and only replace the PASSPORT, ELITE & AWD badges
I ordered mine today, and like you and the other person... I'll leave the "H" emblem as is.

·
Registered
Passport Sport AWD
140 Posts
how do you remove the badges?
There is numerous ways to do it. I removed emblems from my other vehicles and always used the same method and it works well for me. Heat up the emblem with a heat gun on low setting for few minutes and then get a cheap fishing line(monofilament) 10 lb. test or smaller and start flossing away under neath the emblem as if you would when your flossing your teeth.

·
Registered
92 Posts
how do you remove the badges?
I had my tint shop do mine and apply the new badges as it was windy with a 21F temp on that day. They pulled my PP inside and was done very quickly.

·
Registered
2021 Platinum White Pearl Elite
7 Posts
I had my tint shop do mine and apply the new badges as it was windy with a 21F temp on that day. They pulled my PP inside and was done very quickly.
Wayne, what shop did you use? I noticed you're in Rockville, and I'm looking to get the black emblems done for my white PP. How did you like them, and if you don't mind saying, how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wayne, what shop did you use? I noticed you're in Rockville, and I'm looking to get the black emblems done for my white PP. How did you like them, and if you don't mind saying, how much did it cost you?
I used The Tint Shop 1986. It's on Rt 355 just south of E. Gude Drive. I honestly don't remember the price they charged me, but it wasn't much in my opinion. I think he stated something like $35, but reduced it by $10 as he stated... "It was easier and quicker than we had expected". I came back to this shop for a couple of reason. First, it was an extremely cold/windy day in Jan so I didn't even consider doing it myself, and as you can imagine... The instant they arrived... I wanted them on the car. Second... I had used this shop for my window tinting and absolutely loved the excellent customer service and their workmanship. If you choose to use them... I'd suggest calling as it's a small operation and they'll be able to give you an ideal time of when to stop in and not have to wait long.

·
Registered
2021 Platinum White Pearl Elite
7 Posts
I used The Tint Shop 1986. It's on Rt 355 just south of E. Gude Drive. I honestly don't remember the price they charged me, but it wasn't much in my opinion. I think he stated something like $35, but reduced it by $10 as he stated... "It was easier and quicker than we had expected". I came back to this shop for a couple of reason. First, it was an extremely cold/windy day in Jan so I didn't even consider doing it myself, and as you can imagine... The instant they arrived... I wanted them on the car. Second... I had used this shop for my window tinting and absolutely loved the excellent customer service and their workmanship. If you choose to use them... I'd suggest calling as it's a small operation and they'll be able to give you an ideal time of when to stop in and not have to wait long.
Good to know, thank you! And only ~15 min from me. I think I'll be using them! Did/will you be using them for the ceramic as well?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good to know, thank you! And only ~15 min from me. I think I'll be using them! Did/will you be using them for the ceramic as well?
Yes, I do plan to have them do my ceramic coating. Another thing their ratings are generally stellar, and I experienced the same.

Reactions: sorduj

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an EX-L 2WD and was thinking on getting the "Passport" and "H" emblem on the back. Does anyone have any instructions or videos on how to change those out myself?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,430 Posts
I have an EX-L 2WD and was thinking on getting the "Passport" and "H" emblem on the back. Does anyone have any instructions or videos on how to change those out myself?
I just watched any YouTube video. I didn’t trust it and did a part inside the door first.
You can buy plasti dip at Home Depot or Lowes for about $7.00 and only need one can.

But basically, mask the area. You don’t need to go nuts.
spray, get from underside and top of emblem. I made the mistake by not getting the underside the first tIme.
let dry completely. depending on your weather it could be an hour between coats. The warmer and dryer the better and inside a garage.
spray, let dry, repeat for about 4-6 coats.
after the last layer dries, peel off super carefully around the emblems.
You might need toothpicks to get inside the letters like the A, D, O and P’s.

Reactions: gd3Fit

·
Registered
2021 EX-L PWP
8 Posts
I just watched any YouTube video. I didn’t trust it and did a part inside the door first.
You can buy plasti dip at Home Depot or Lowes for about $7.00 and only need one can.

But basically, mask the area. You don’t need to go nuts.
spray, get from underside and top of emblem. I made the mistake by not getting the underside the first tIme.
let dry completely. depending on your weather it could be an hour between coats. The warmer and dryer the better and inside a garage.
spray, let dry, repeat for about 4-6 coats.
after the last layer dries, peel off super carefully around the emblems.
You might need toothpicks to get inside the letters like the A, D, O and P’s.
Thanks for the information. So a toothpick will remove the plastidip off the original car paint easily without messing anything up? Interesting..

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,430 Posts
Thanks for the information. So a toothpick will remove the plastidip off the original car paint easily without messing anything up? Interesting..
You should only need toothpicks to get inside the letters like the A, D, O and P’s.
It will peel off the paint with no tools or tricks.

Reactions: gd3Fit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting. I want all of the badging off of our PP except the AWD for easy ID by LEO in snowy conditions. They don't know the PPE is AWD by its trim level.

Glad you like your efforts. ✌🏼

21 - 38 of 38 Posts