Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All, Today I Painted the rear badges. So simple and I really like the look. Pics below (you can never use too much protection lol). Put on 5 coats of Matte black plasti dip.
Now debating if I should do the Honda Badge. Let me know your opinions.

Tats

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,042 Posts
They look cool, and I have the same color PP, but the Touring emblem is lame and can't be blacked out, so I'm not gonna do it, I am mildly interested in doing my calipers, but not at the prices being charged to paint them...

But then again I don't "hate" the chrome ones either, I think the chrome emblems provides some contrast, whereas the the blacked-out ones kinda blend in with Metallic Steel, but on a white PP the blacked out emblems look better, with the increased contrast...

I wonder if they came blacked-out for the factory, if people would want to upgrade to Chrome? (lol)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I liked them as chrome too, just got an itch to do something, and am really happy the way it came out.

I am considering doing my calipers black. Its just such a pain in the ass to do it the right way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I decided to do the Honda badge as well. Here’s the final result. I think it looks great and blends in really well.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
Looks good! Be careful not to do anything to the Honda badge on the grille. It is where the radar for the cruise control is located.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good! Be careful not to do anything to the Honda badge on the grille. It is where the radar for the cruise control is located.
Yeah, thanks for the insight and looking out. That's what I was told when I purchased it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it looks great, in fact I believe Honda will have a 2021 Passport with all black trim edition for an extra $1400.00.😁
That’s awesome! I got it done with a $5 can of plasti dip

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tinted my front emblem & it's working fine check out my pictures.
Looks great! What % tint is that? I wish there was a way to get beneath the protective plastic and just color the chrome H and rim around it.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
No issues with any of the Honda Sensing stuff since you tinted it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No issues with any of the Honda Sensing stuff since you tinted it?
A cheap dyed tint should not effect it. Probably wouldn't want to use a metallic tint. Seems logical that metallic tint may mess with the radars functionality.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought the gloss black emblems and just installed them. I decided not to install the "H" since every other "H" on the vehicle is chrome already (wheels and front), and I also decided to remove the AWD emblem since all Elites are AWD anyway... View attachment 7305
That looks really nice! Good idea removing the AWD

·
Registered
2020 Passport, Modern Steel Metallic with Black interior.
13 Posts
I tinted my front emblem & it's working fine check out my pictures.
I considered doing that to my front emblem but was concerned that it wouldnt work as it should. I did tint my headlights and taillights and they look great with the Modern Steel color.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
315 Posts
I bought the gloss black emblems and just installed them. I decided not to install the "H" since every other "H" on the vehicle is chrome already (wheels and front), and I also decided to remove the AWD emblem since all Elites are AWD anyway... View attachment 7305

Want to sell it?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts