Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! New here and bought a white Passport Touring some months ago. I love my Passport but am not the biggest fan of the gray touring wheels with the white body. I'm thinking about either the black rims with the Elite or the machined one that I saw another member on here had, that is also an option to get if you build your own. I like the look of both but read that the black rims are hard to maintain? For those who have changed out their rims or have experience with them, any advice would be appreciated. Also would it be best to get from dealer to ensure I get all the right parts or buy online? Thanks in advance to all who help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey….Might be interested in your gray Touring Rims…let me know if you’re going to sell them
and what your location is?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,670 Posts
The Elite rims are crap! Don’t waste your money.
Do a quick search on here for curb rash.
I got it in the first 800 or so miles.

Start your search with what your local tire store can actually get you and go from there.
The shortage of everything due to covid will not end anytime soon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey….Might be interested in your gray Touring Rims…let me know if you’re going to sell them
and what your location is?
Hey....I have gray Touring wheels on my 2021 (garaged day & night) I bought in June.
Perfect condition, no curb rash. (I know how to drive) I live in the Denver CO metro area.
What's your offer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in South Carolina…zip code 29526 . You can call UPS and get a quote from your area to mine….I’m guessing shipping would be about $45 per wheel. Could I see pictures of them? Are you keeping the TPMS sensors or leaving them on the wheels?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Black wheels show dirt easily unless they are matte. I went with available 18" gloss wheels (since there was a shortage of matte) through a major chain tire shop and converted them to matte using plastidip, which has held up perfectly for a year so far and was inexpensive. It actually looks like the wheels were made as matte, since I was careful during application. This also protects from scratches if I ever wanted to sell them. In my humble opinion, 18" diameter is the best option for this vehicle since you have a much wider selection of tires, save money on tire replacement, get a softer ride, and gain sidewall that helps with avoiding curb rash and absorbs impact for any off roading. Handling is minimally reduced by going 20 down to 18" (not really noticeable to me). Might be something to consider.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in South Carolina…zip code 29526 . You can call UPS and get a quote from your area to mine….I’m guessing shipping would be about $45 per wheel. Could I see pictures of them? Are you keeping the TPMS sensors or leaving them on the wheels?
Are you interested in selling or not?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts