Honda Passport Forum banner

Best off-road roof system for my Honda Passport 2020?

7K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  sho 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I am in the search for a system that I can put my full size tire, 5-10 gallons of fuel and possible some cargo. I was really into Rhino platform but I think it does not fit Honda passport. I saw a Canadian car review video for 2019 passport that has a basket and they secured a spare on it. Full size tire is my priority. Any of you guys have some pictures or experience to share with me? I really appreciate it.

#2 ·
I have a rack (I forget, Yakima or Thule) to fit my crossbars.
I found that the other of the above 2 (not one I got) has an adapter to hold spare in the rack.
Got one, will need slide mods to make it work with my rack but seems like a decent solution.
Now I need to remember to order that wheel and full sized spare to match what I have!

#9 ·
Went through their selector and it only recommends one size rack and seems it must be attached to crossbars, can't direct attach to roof - that's a deal killer and not much improvement over my basket. 🤨
I looked up rhino rack and they require an additional attachment/cross bars that cost an extra $400. I mean I could probably use the basket and put my tire up there. I also would like to be able to attach and detach the basket only for adventure trips/

#10 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Sound like you are looking for more than a suitcase, duffle bag carrier. My choice was the Surco Safari Rack 5.0.

I just double checked the Surco site and the one I posted is the recommended size for the Passport and is what I got. If you are interested here is Surco's site.

Thanks for sharing that. I think I want to go with a platform/basket with smaller squares in the middle. this way I'll have more options for strapping the item. But I will keep this pone in mind.

#20 ·
Yes, Rhino-Rack doesn’t fit. Yakima LockNLoad though is compatible with OEM crossbars. (I have it)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.