Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport EX-L 2WD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ,

Just purchased a New 2021 Passport and getting suggestions for weatherized floor mats (that lockdown) . I always seem to get a hole in them after 24 months so avoiding the 189.00 Honda OEM set. It's nice to have the Passport logo, however, I am assuming after-market is just as good.
I also do not have many back seat riders and really just looking for matching Driver and Passenger mats.
Thanks!

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,249 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
420 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. The jury here is divided between Husky and Weathertech. Both excellent choices.

Husky's tend to be less expensive and more of the rubberized texture. WeatherTech's are not inexpensive, usually never discounted, firmer plastic feel. I personally have WeatherTech's

·
Registered
2021 Honda Passport EX-L
35 Posts
We’ve had Weathertechs floor liners in a couple previous cars and have them in our 2011 CRV. They are great - good coverage and durable. The one drawback I find is that, due to their rigid shape, the sidewalls tend to sit away from the vehicle, leaving a gap for dirt/salt/snow to get in.

For our Passport, we got Tuxmats. Had them in our previous vehicle and loved them. Coverage is amazing and they get a ton of compliments on their looks.

·
Registered
2020 Elite BCP
56 Posts
Be careful about these Huskys...I bought them and they didn't come close to fitting my 2020 Elite--particularly driver's side. Maybe I got the wrong size/model, but they looked right. But the mold was wayyy off.

·
Registered
Fact? Fiction? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
474 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. The jury here is divided between Husky and Weathertech. Both excellent choices.
Be careful about these Huskys...I bought them and they didn't come close to fitting my 2020 Elite--particularly driver's side. Maybe I got the wrong size/model, but they looked right. But the mold was wayyy off.
Agree with CHEFERMAN65 . . . Weathertech & Husky are both excellent choices (I have used both manufacturer's mats in various vehicles).
Fit is very good with either manufacturer . . . however in Passport, I went with Husky because they have full 'dead pedal' coverage vs WT Floorliner HP.
With 'occasional' sprinkles and rain here in the PNW, a quality all-weather mat makes maintenance easier.

As for mold/contour/size/pattern/fit, this is how they look and fit in my Passport:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Trunk Grey

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had the Husky's on my Ridgeline. The back fit was fantastic, awesome design. The front fit wasn't even close, large gaps. I tried putting them upside down on a hot, sunny day hoping they would fit better, no dice. I've also had Weather Techs in a CRV and they didn't hold their 3 dimensional shape in the back, the front fits were great. I just assume go with the Honda products even if it means a little more cleaning.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
420 Posts
So skate 1966, whatcha gonna do? Feeling a bit conflicted? Told ya! Buy the best quality you can afford. For me it was the weather Tech's because of past history and experiences.

·
Premium Member
2019 Passport Elite
124 Posts
Hello ,

Just purchased a New 2021 Passport and getting suggestions for weatherized floor mats (that lockdown) . I always seem to get a hole in them after 24 months so avoiding the 189.00 Honda OEM set. It's nice to have the Passport logo, however, I am assuming after-market is just as good.
I also do not have many back seat riders and really just looking for matching Driver and Passenger mats.
Thanks!
I have the OEM ones; really quite happy with them. Front, rear and cargo area. Fit and finish is top notch.

Reactions: JLH

·
Registered
2019 White Diamond Pearl , AWD Sport
469 Posts
@The_Big_Aristotle
I also have a set of those mats in my Audi for a few yrs now and they do great.

I went with Husky on my PP to try something different and they are made in the 🇺🇸. Thus far, they have been great.
Hood Automotive design Personal luxury car Gas Auto part

·
Registered
35 Posts
What about sand? It never rains here but I get a lot of sand which becomes almost impossible to get out of any type of carpet.
Those 3D's look super easy to clean.

·
Registered
545 Posts
What about sand? It never rains here but I get a lot of sand which becomes almost impossible to get out of any type of carpet.
Those 3D's look super easy to clean.
It never rains where I am either. Sand is about all I ever track into the car and it's super easy to vacuum up compared with the OEM carpeted mats that came with the PP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It never rains where I am either. Sand is about all I ever track into the car and it's super easy to vacuum up compared with the OEM carpeted mats that came with the PP.
$100 for two mats!! Crazy but probably worth it - maybe wait till the OEM's look crappy

·
Registered
30 Posts
$100 for two mats!! Crazy but probably worth it - maybe wait till the OEM's look crappy
The problem with OEM is it doesn't hold any water in it. If you are in an out of snow a lot you will get the carpet underneath wet. Never a problem with Husky Liners as they are deep and can hold water.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts