Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2019 Passport, 40k+ miles. I think I got it Jan 2019. Today, sitting in car listening to an audio book for about 30 minutes I got a warning the battery was about to die, turn everything off. Great.

So likely battery has reached its end (maybe too many short trips to the store haven't helped) and it needs to be replaced. I'll have it tested.

Anyone else ran into this message? I'm hoping it isn't some kind of system glitch as there have been enough minor bugs and recalls and such.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a brand new Touring and was getting this message the next day while cleaning the interior. It took 4 nights of plugging in a battery tender to finally fully charge the battery.
I think there is something wrong with Honda's charging system. It's definitely not charging the battery correctly. A lot of new cars will not over charge the battery in order to reduce draw on the alternator to have good fuel economy.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,708 Posts
The constant low battery alerts are my unicorns only issue. I’ve been dealing with it since day 2, usually get get them every couple of weeks. It has tested fine at least 12-15 times. I now get a low battery alert while driving, one of the most recent alerts was about 600 miles in on a 1000 mile drive! I eventually quit caring and will just have Honda tow me when it dies.

Reactions: jasonpp

·
Registered
57 Posts
The constant low battery alerts are my unicorns only issue. I’ve been dealing with it since day 2, usually get get them every couple of weeks. It has tested fine at least 12-15 times. I now get a low battery alert while driving, one of the most recent alerts was about 600 miles in on a 1000 mile drive! I eventually quit caring and will just have Honda tow me when it dies.
I too have been dealing with this...but only after 800 mile trips. Seems to happen every trip (7 or 8 times). Can't understand how it happens, but after the warning the car still starts except 3 or so times where I needed a jump. Honda has replaced 2 batteries checked the charging system and has found nothing. I talked to the service dept at dealer in NC and if it happens again he will credit me the price of the Honda battery and install an Optima one with me paying the difference in the list price. Next long trip coming up in November so...but thats if I get the PP back from the body shop after the deer strike. The bodyshop is having trouble getting parts.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,708 Posts
Wow! I thought I was the only one.
Luckily, I’ve never had to jump start mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts