Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings-
New here and need some assistance. I backed into a street sign and cracked the lens on my driver's side back up light. No damage to bumper cover/assembly but the light needs replacing. Any DIY links or advice would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if I have to remove the whole bumper assembly to get to these :-(

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You don't have to remove the rear bumper to replace the taillight. Here is a video with instructions for taillight removal on a 2016-2020 Honda Pilot but the same process works for the 2019-2022 Honda Passport too.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
377 Posts
You don't have to remove the rear bumper to replace the taillight. Here is a video with instructions for taillight removal on a 2016-2020 Honda Pilot but the same process works for the 2019-2022 Honda Passport too.

He asked about replacing the back up light lens not the tail light lens.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
377 Posts
Yes, back up light contained in the rear bumper assembly.

It looks like it’s not that expensive and they have a number to ask questions, maybe they can help you out with a installation sheet. From look at the lens assembly it looks like it might be screwed or bolted from the back. I replaced my lamps with leds and there is plenty of room to get at them if that’s how the mount.

·
Registered
167 Posts

It looks like it’s not that expensive and they have a number to ask questions, maybe they can help you out with a installation sheet. From look at the lens assembly it looks like it might be screwed or bolted from the back. I replaced my lamps with leds and there is plenty of room to get at them if that’s how the mount.
This link is for the passenger side, he broke the drivers side.

@KyGuy should also note that the product at this link said "OE Replacement" not "Honda Original Equipment", non Honda OE lights may leak and retain water. The Honda OE backup light costs a little bit more from Honda EO parts sellers but that also comes with some product guarantees and lots of peace of mind.

·
Registered
2021 Passport Elite
377 Posts
This link is for the passenger side, he broke the drivers side.

@KyGuy should also note that the product at this link said "OE Replacement" not "Honda Original Equipment", non Honda OE lights may leak and retain water. The Honda OE backup light costs a little bit more from Honda EO parts sellers but that also comes with some product guarantees and lots of peace of mind.
They have both sides in stock. And the company has good customer service. Used them to buy a replacement power mirror for my Ford E250 , much cheaper than OEM and very good quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the support. I'll report back when project is finished.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts