Honda Passport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
450 Posts
I noticed that the button stays pushed in when they’re folded in and pops out when they’re folded out so I thought it was worth a try.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I noticed that the button stays pushed in when the mirrors are folded in and popped out when they’re folded out and that they won’t move when the engine is off so I gave it a try.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did this to my 2019 Honda Passport Elite and it works great. Read to link below several times to let everything sink in. The 2019 information is towards the end of the link article. Parts are very common and readily available. Parts procurement is referenced in the link.

The link: Automatic Auto Idle Stop System set to Off by default ver 3 (Detailed) (see post no, 20 by MtMan in link).

12V brown wire info:::: use the 12v on the console accessory plug. The diagram is absolutely correct. For everyone that hasn't done this yet, the brown wire is located on the bottom of the console- (see post no. 27 by synstsia in link). also referenced below.

View attachment 5456
This is where you get your 12v+ from.

View attachment 5453
This is how to wire your board to the wires. FRM01 board,

View attachment 5455
This is the plug that connects to the Auto Idle Stop button in the console and the plug referenced above in the FRM01 picture.

The FRM01 board is a programmable board. When you push the start engine button on the car the board will wait 5 seconds (programmable) giving the engine time to start, then click the relay on the FRM01 board for 1 second which is the same as you pushing the Auto Idle Stop button on the console. The Auto Idle Stop buttons on the console still works to activate and deactivate the Auto Idle Stop features of the Passport.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did this to my 2019 Honda Passport Elite and it works great. Read to link below several times to let everything sink in. The 2019 information is towards the end of the link article. Parts are very common and readily available. Parts procurement is referenced in the link.

The link: Automatic Auto Idle Stop System set to Off by default ver 3 (Detailed) (see post no, 20 by MtMan in link).

12V brown wire info:::: use the 12v on the console accessory plug. The diagram is absolutely correct. For everyone that hasn't done this yet, the brown wire is located on the bottom of the console- (see post no. 27 by synstsia in link). also referenced below.

View attachment 5456

View attachment 5453

View attachment 5455
This is the plug that connects to the Auto Idle Stop button in the console and the plug referenced above in the FRM01 picture.

The FRM01 board is a programmable board. When you push the start engine button on the car the board will wait 5 seconds (programmable) giving the engine time to start, then click the relay on the FRM01 board for 1 second which is the same as you pushing the Auto Idle Stop button on the console. The Auto Idle Stop buttons on the console still works to activate and deactivate the Auto Idle Stop features of the Passport.
The following is an ebay source for the same module.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Finally decided that I wasn't technical enough to try all the mentioned electrical fixes for the auto-stop virus! I got a couple of these stick on rubber dots, they are bright enough to catch my attention until hopefully it becomes second nature to press the BUTTON!! Hopefully by the time I trade up in a few years it will off by default....HONDA????

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
After owning my Passport for over a year, I still occasionally forget to push that button after starting.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,110 Posts
At either end of my street is a STOP sign and once I get there, that serves as my reminder.

·
Registered
2020 EXL-AWD
11 Posts
Just installed in my 2020 EXL-AWD works great, Thanks .

View attachment 5456

View attachment 5453

View attachment 5455

·
Registered
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
826 Posts
Hopefully by the time I trade up in a few years it will off by default....HONDA????
With the greenies pressuring the EPA and government to cut emissions, they will probably have manufacturers remove all ways to disable the auto stop/start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a Passport 2020 and want to turn off/disable the Auto Idle Stop Override feature. It turns back on with every vehicle restart. Is it possible to shut if off always? Is this by design?

Thank you,

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I bought a Passport 2020 and want to turn off/disable the Auto Idle Stop Override feature. It turns back on with every vehicle restart. Is it possible to shut if off always? Is this by design?

Thank you,
It's by design. I believe there are some posts from people who cut wires or did stuff that would surely void their warranty, but I've learned to just live with it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
No wires need to be cut and no wires are cut.
Scroll back up to post #61 to see the links, for the Auto Stop nullification.

Reactions: mtgriff

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I must be thinking about the folks trying to defeat the beeping when the tailgate opens and closes.

·
Registered
591 Posts
On that "note", I wish my blind spot warning chime was as loud as the tailgate warning alert. I've got it turned to loud and can't hear it over the radio, when the radio compensates for the sound of the engine.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (4/2019)
2,539 Posts
On that "note", I wish my blind spot warning chime was as loud as the tailgate warning alert. I've got it turned to loud and can't hear it over the radio, when the radio compensates for the sound of the engine.
That‘s because our stereo system kicks ass!
I‘m still old school from all my old Honda’s and look before I wait for an alert.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thank you,

Found this today while searching on some other Honda forums for anyone who doesn't (like me) want to build their own device. This one is setup already and just requires connection to 3 wires on the passport. www.idlestopper.com

·
Registered
144 Posts
Found this today while searching on some other Honda forums for anyone who doesn't (like me) want to build their own device. This one is setup already and just requires connection to 3 wires on the passport. www.idlestopper.com
I purchased and installed this over the weekend...Took about 30 minutes...Don't let their install directions scare you...All connections can be made under the shifter console...I used pin #7, the brown wire, the only brown wire in the small 14 pin terminal for the 12 V. key feed...I installed a eye terminal on their Gd. wire and attached it to the mental structure beside the 14 pin terminal...You then attach their yellow wire to the yellow wire on the Auto start/stop button...Your done...Works perfectly...upon start up it automatically turns the ASS off...If you want the ASS to work you just push the button to reactivate it...larryd

81 - 100 of 125 Posts