Registered
201 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I completed the on/off disable modification successfully, on the 1st attempt, using the info in the 2 links of the above post #61. If you look at post #61 you'll see where I got the links.
I looked in the fuse panel, by the driver's left knee, and got my +12v from a normally off 10A fuse. I ran a #16 red wire from that fuse to the FMo1 relay.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did this to my 2019 Honda Passport Elite and it works great. Read to link below several times to let everything sink in. The 2019 information is towards the end of the link article. Parts are very common and readily available. Parts procurement is referenced in the link.

The link: Automatic Auto Idle Stop System set to Off by default ver 3 (Detailed) (see post no, 20 by MtMan in link).

12V brown wire info:::: use the 12v on the console accessory plug. The diagram is absolutely correct. For everyone that hasn't done this yet, the brown wire is located on the bottom of the console- (see post no. 27 by synstsia in link). also referenced below.

View attachment 5456
This is where you get your 12v+ from.

View attachment 5453
This is how to wire your board to the wires. FRM01 board,

View attachment 5455
This is the plug that connects to the Auto Idle Stop button in the console and the plug referenced above in the FRM01 picture.

The FRM01 board is a programmable board. When you push the start engine button on the car the board will wait 5 seconds (programmable) giving the engine time to start, then click the relay on the FRM01 board for 1 second which is the same as you pushing the Auto Idle Stop button on the console. The Auto Idle Stop buttons on the console still works to activate and deactivate the Auto Idle Stop features of the Passport.
OK, maybe I'm missing something.......like where are your instructions? What do I do?

·
Registered
201 Posts
The instructions are: Buy 5' of red, 5' of yellow, and 5' of black 16 gauge stranded wire, from ebay, for $8 ex: colored stranded #16 wire 5' each
Buy the FM01 timer from amazon, for $12 ex: timer
Optional: Buy a case to contain the timer, from ebay, for $5. ex: Optional Case
Get a #2 phillips head screwdriver.
Get a extra small phillips head screwdriver, for inserting the wires on the timer board,

Scroll up to post number 62 and click on the "blue links".
The 1st takes you to a Honda Pilot forum, with details for pre 2019 Hondas and also 2019 Hondas. In this link you will also find super easy programming instructions, for the timer.
The 2nd link "in blue" is the correct schematic, for the Honda Passport.

Two screws come out (they're hidden under the 4" x 8" console tray's rubber pad.
Photos are in the link above that takes you to the Honda Pilot forum.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Congrats on modifying it to meet your expectations. However
I really hope that come trade-in time you restore it to original configuration; perhaps leave it in the glovebox if you've no further use of it.

Mods like this will otherwise confuse subsequent owners.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I would think that on this forum that people who do not like a suggestion or post that someone does would just read it and move on. I have noticed that a few members always have something off to say as if they cannot help themselves they just have to chime in. I guess by responding to EVERYTHING you can get upto 958 posts.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Carpayments4life I am so glad you had a great time doing the modification. I would not go back to the manual method and smile every time I get into the car and see the Auto Stop feature automatically deactivated.(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
53 Posts
jdjonesiii...I agree 100% with your #72 post...And to everyone else out there who has their ideas, PLEASE POST and SHARE THEM...And be mature enough to read them and move on if they don't suit you or your beliefs...I am...larryd

·
Registered
782 Posts
Geee, look at all the finger pointing; your idea of just skipping on by works both ways.

A difference of opinion should not be viewed as negative but rather as simply a difference of choice. You choose.

·
Registered
201 Posts
A chart, with 18 section programs came with my timer and there is a CH1 connection port not being used. I wonder if I can connect it to my side folding Mirrors, so they retract, when power is off and swing out when I start the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
A chart, with 18 section programs came with my timer and there is a CH1 connection port not being used. I wonder if I can connect it to my side folding Mirrors, so they retract, when power is off and swing out when I start the car.
If that works, I'm in, I really love that feature on my wife's Lexus...!

So you gonna try it?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Personally - as they don't stick out far - I don't care. I folded mine once - just to see that they worked; however with the hardware already in place it does sound like Honda blew-it.

Unless Honda knows these mirrors have a short folding/ unfolding life-cycle

I do routinely use them on my truck - just not key controlled. Pulling my 5th wheel I once nearly took out a gate security guard - now I retract them (and/or fold them) when things get narrow - or when a guard is standing on the side of the roadway.

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
73 Posts
I press the button to fold them in, turn off the engine then press the button again so they automatically fold out the next time I start the car.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts