Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 EX-L AWD
8 Posts
I noticed that the only time it really works for us is when we're on a remote road with nothing to reflect light back at the car. Reflectors on mailboxes, road signs, etc. seem to keep the high beams from turning on, even though there are virtually no cars in sight. We just end up doing it manually.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring
169 Posts
Is the automatic high beam indicator on?
Also it only turns on when it’s dark enough.
You just click the lever I think towards you and you will see the little A showing automatic. They are useless, I think you have to be going like 40/45. The automatic high beams in our Subaru Outback work really well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine work on click and show the different colour on the lower part of the dash...but, just like the other automated systems on this car they false all the time. They turn on based on reflective signs, posts etc. I find they are too sensitive to be of much use. They do at least turn down on approach of a car, but otherwise of little use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine work on click and show the different colour on the lower part of the dash...but, just like the other automated systems on this car they false all the time. They turn on based on reflective signs, posts etc. I find they are too sensitive to be of much use. They do at least turn down on approach of a car, but otherwise of little use.
Thanks all , I agree they are of little use as is. I rented another non Honda car while traveling and it had a very responsive auto on off high beams system and it made me miss it so I wanted to give my Honda another chance but in the end it simply is not a very good system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all , I agree they are of little use as is. I rented another non Honda car while traveling and it had a very responsive auto on off high beams system and it made me miss it so I wanted to give my Honda another chance but in the end it simply is not a very good system.
Maybe the newer models work better.

·
Registered
2020 Passport Touring AWD
58 Posts
I cannot get my high beams to automatically turn off and on automatically.
Tried holding lever for 30 seconds to activate automatically high beams, but no luck.
They only activate at 45mph or faster when it's dark enough to activate the auto high beam indicator light. See owner's manual, it's in there. And yes, it's a very stupid limitation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts