Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is an odd question. I have a new passport and I have been trying to figure out how come only in certain situations I’m able to get the auto button to work in conjunction with the air circulation button. Every car I’ve ever owned even other Hondas I have always been able to hit the auto climate control button as well as the air circulation button. I live in South Carolina and we have a lot of pollen and I choose to block it out that way and it seems to work pretty well. But for some reason half of the time that I hit those buttons in the passport I can’t get them to stay on together. Not sure if it has to do with the outside temp or if there something I’m missing any ideas ? I wasn’t sure if there was some setting on the passports I am unfamiliar with.

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
As far as I have experienced in my Passport and CRV, anytime you manually change any setting, it will switch off the auto feature. I am not a fan of recirc air so always switch it to fresh.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I have experienced in my Passport and CRV, anytime you manually change any setting, it will switch off the auto feature. I am not a fan of recirc air so always switch it to fresh.
I just can’t stand Smelling diesel from a truck in front of me etc. just odd that in every other car I can have it on auto and recirculation together but this one shuts off the recirculation with auto on. This picture was taken when in one of the rare moments I was able to get auto and the recirculation button to work together

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
After a two week fix-it stay at the dealership, it was time to try out a few features of the Elite. Ambient air temperature was 58 degrees F. The AC wasn't working and rather than being a pain in the backside to the dealer, looking at the above post by golf0982 it might have to be a bit warmer?

Anyone have the real facts? Didn't see anything in the owner's manual.

Stuck,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After a two week fix-it stay at the dealership, it was time to try out a few features of the Elite. Ambient air temperature was 58 degrees F. The AC wasn't working and rather than being a pain in the backside to the dealer, looking at the above post by golf0982 it might have to be a bit warmer?

Anyone have the real facts? Didn't see anything in the owner's manual.

Stuck,
I’m not positive but what I have noticed with mine is that in order to make certain features work the outside air temperature needs to be at a certain level I would keep playing with it as your temperature fluctuates. I’ve never had a car that did that before but this one does, once you figure out its quirks it works great. Basically it’s like the computer doesn’t let you have full control until it want you to.

another weird feature is the fact that for example the auto start stop feature which I disable and don’t like, it only actually functions when you meet six or seven criteria at the same time. If you do some googling you’ll figure out that these newer Hondas have a lot of criteria that need to be met for each of the features to work properly. It’s really weird but 95% of the time there’s never an issue .

·
Registered
184 Posts
So, once the outside temperature is above 65, you can’t have fresh air in “Auto” mode?

My 2012 Pilot didn’t automatically switch to Recirc unless the inside temperature was very hot and it was trying to quickly cool down the car. This car, I’ve had to manually switch on fresh air all summer, which caused “Auto” mode to switch off.

I was going to have my dealer look into it when I take my car in for servicing next month, but it sounds like this is a “feature”, not a bug.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Mine always goes into recirc when Auto AC is turned on. If I turn off recirc Auto goes off. Happens in all sorts of ambient temps. I have three other cars with Auto AC and none work like the PP system. Recirc is an option or is always on when MAX AC is selected. BMWs we have will sense the air quality and go to recirc is bad air is sensed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I got to confirm what others in this thread were saying. Yesterday morning was chilly, after a warm afternoon the day before. When I got in my car the thermometer was reading 70ish, and recirc was on (in Auto mode).

As I drove, I watched the temperature drop. Sure enough, once it hit 65 the recirc light went off.

Like the poster above, I’ve had a handful of cars now with automatic climate control, mostly Hondas but other makes as well. This is the first car I’ve ever owned where the recirc switches on at such a low temperature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts