Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passport Elite 2021 Cr-V Touring
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I get into the passenger side of my PP and press the power button once to get the audio unit on, all is well. Then, when I open the passenger door and get out,
the radio stays on. I have tried getting out with various combinations of power status and the audio will stay on UNLESS I go around and open the drivers door.
I expect the unit will power off eventually on its own, but when?
I can walk away and the walk away auto lock secures the car, but the audio stays on. What am I missing here or is this a defect?

·
Registered
434 Posts
If I get into the passenger side of my PP and press the power button once to get the audio unit on, all is well. Then, when I open the passenger door and get out,
the radio stays on. I have tried getting out with various combinations of power status and the audio will stay on UNLESS I go around and open the drivers door.
I expect the unit will power off eventually on its own, but when?
I can walk away and the walk away auto lock secures the car, but the audio stays on. What am I missing here or is this a defect?
Are you hitting the power button again to turn it off, or are you just getting out?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you hitting the power button again to turn it off, or are you just getting out?
I have tried each way. The audio power button of course works, but the display stays on even after pushing the start button and leaving, no matter which state it is in.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Seems odd. Should shut off in all configurations as soon as you lock the door with the remote. If you aren't locking yourself, the auto lock may not be hooked to the same logic as the button lock. The car may still think someone is in there using accessory power. Nothing will shut off on its own if that is the case, until the battery voltage protect is engaged, which could take up to 20 or 30 minutes max. Why not just use the driver door?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems odd. Should shut off in all configurations as soon as you lock the door with the remote. If you aren't locking yourself, the auto lock may not be hooked to the same logic as the button lock. The car may still think someone is in there using accessory power. Nothing will shut off on its own if that is the case, until the battery voltage protect is engaged, which could take up to 20 or 30 minutes max. Why not just use the driver door?
I was getting some papers from the console, took the time to read some with the radio on. Parked at the curb, passenger side easiest to get to. Next time I will try the manual
lock, auto lock lets it stay on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was getting some papers from the console, took the time to read some with the radio on. Parked at the curb, passenger side easiest to get to. Next time I will try the manual
lock, auto lock lets it stay on.
UPDATE: I found if you set auto lock on, it WILL turn off the display after the car Locks! Before, I got impatient at the first beep and went to the drivers side. Further,
a push button lock will do the same thing. Problem Solved!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts