Honda Passport Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone.. I see the last post was 2 years ago lol. So I have a 2021 with "premium sound" I'm looking to do a major audio system upgrade on mines. I did some testing yesterday on finding out which wire is what. I found those exact colors he mentioned for the output. But I only found one signal wire going into the amp.. which I found weird. I'll have to check again. I'll be purchasing those harness to make my own T harness as well..but not sure if I'll be doing a AC dsp..pretty pricey. Anyways I'll be doing morel Maximo 6 components and coax in the rear.. and looking to do the Kicker 48CWRT48 shallow sub 8" to go in the factory box.. im still debating on the amps.. probably one 5 channel or 2 amps. Definitely will be using LC7i. I do car audio installation on the side.. so ill be making a video on how to with this project since I haven't found anyone on YouTube on a full on with the passport. Anyone has gotten anything done these past 2 years. Let me know. Thanks!

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,746 Posts
Hello everyone.. I see the last post was 2 years ago lol. So I have a 2021 with "premium sound" I'm looking to do a major audio system upgrade on mines. I did some testing yesterday on finding out which wire is what. I found those exact colors he mentioned for the output. But I only found one signal wire going into the amp.. which I found weird. I'll have to check again. I'll be purchasing those harness to make my own T harness as well..but not sure if I'll be doing a AC dsp..pretty pricey. Anyways I'll be doing morel Maximo 6 components and coax in the rear.. and looking to do the Kicker 48CWRT48 shallow sub 8" to go in the factory box.. im still debating on the amps.. probably one 5 channel or 2 amps. Definitely will be using LC7i. I do car audio installation on the side.. so ill be making a video on how to with this project since I haven't found anyone on YouTube on a full on with the passport. Anyone has gotten anything done these past 2 years. Let me know. Thanks!

Hello HondaMax,

Please have a look at my thread and hit me up with any questions:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello HondaMax,

Please have a look at my thread and hit me up with any questions:

NOTE: There is an short clip of some work done on my Passport on Youtube, but it would be great if you capture your entire build.

A couple of things: I can buy Audison and Hertz get directly and resell at incredible pricing.

I highly recommend the Audison APF 8.9 DSP Amp, and will have a couple to sell within a few weeks. It is an 8 channel amp and you can bridge two channels together to power a sub.
Steven mad props to you! i just finished reading everything and wow i must say! you went all out with your Passport! i'm sure sounds amazing. So i was also doing some research on what i want to do. The DSP from Audison is good but a bit way up my price..i'm 110% sure it's worth the money.. i noticed that kicker has the Kicker Key 200.4 auto DSP..also has auto turn on function.. did you noticed anything when you installed your system if everything turns off when you have "auto-turnon" feature kicks in when your at a stop light?

I'm considering that kicker amp with their kicker key 500.1 for the shallow subwoofer. I'm not so crazy about dsp or time alignment but i would like to see how well this kicker key does. definitely i'll be doing a how to step by step on my Passport on this complete set up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Carbon

Road surface Automotive tire Sleeve Asphalt Grey

Hi all,
So I’ve got a big audio upgrade in the works, and was leaning heavily on this thread for the information regarding crafting a T-harness to maintain my factory wiring while being able to tap the signal to run to an Audiocontrol unit. But I seem to have hit a snag. I ordered the harnesses that were suggested, and tried to test the fit before I pulled everything apart, however they do not appear to be the correct ones. My stock harness looks different, and I’m actually noticing that even my stock amp seems different than the one posted previously on this thread. Is it possible that the premium systems, like my Touring has, have a different amp in them? I always thought the extra wattage was achieved by running lower impedance factory speakers with the same standard amp in all models, but now I’m starting to wonder. Can anyone offer any suggestions on an alternate harnes that may work for me? I’ll include some photos of what my setup looks like. My plan was to tap the signal from the harness furthest to the right in the photo, which from what I’ve read here is the signal being sent from the amp to the speakers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What's up everyone. So I started the project on my Passport. So far I have installed the door speakers, tweeters and the amp rack, next I will be working on is the wiring. Here are some shots so far of the installation. I will be uploading more pics soon and possible some videos explaining what I did in case of any questions.
Passive circuit component Circuit component Electronic instrument Audio equipment Automotive tire
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fluid Audio equipment Liquid

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Rim Wood
Hood Automotive tire Auto part Automotive lighting Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grey Automotive design

Automotive tire Blue Automotive lighting Automotive design Bicycle part

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Trunk

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,746 Posts
Hello HondaMax,

So what is new?

How are you liking your upgrades?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello HondaMax,

So what is new?

How are you liking your upgrades?
Hello StevenD,

Upgrade is good! since I decided to use the kicker key 4 channel I only focused on the front stage set up. Tweeters and the 6.5". Let me tell ya, sounds hella good! with this amp being automatic DSP it sounds like the sound is coming from the middle! sounds very good. The only downside is the bass, since I replaced the 8" factory sub for the kicker CompRT 8" in the same location..its eeehhh so so.. i need a bit more bass. I may look into getting the down firing kicker 8" box with the built in filter. Still small enough to go in the back trunk area and still put things on top of it if needed. But overall i'm loving it. I did install some Focal ISU on my wife's '17 Civic and WOW I'm impressed. If I upgrade these Morel,I will be putting Focals for sure! I highly recommend doing this upgrade with DSP..makes a difference! sorry on the late reply! hope all is well.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts