Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
I did use that harness but I also went and got this harness to complete the "t harness"
reverse.jpg
this harness plugs into the amp for its output. the harness in earlier pictures then comes from my aftermarket amp and feeds the speakers of the car.

Attachments

I love the tech-savvy-ness of you guys!

Oh, I know the answer of what SHOULD be done: if you are running a high powered amp, I would definitely run new (thicker) speaker wires, I'm sure the OEM wire is wimpy thin stuff...

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Don't kill me, more questions! Are you running speaker wire for the new speakers or using the stock wire? And this is where you're grabbing your input signal and there's no issues with volume control?

View attachment 5141
I love the questions wouldn't be on a fourm posting things not expecting questions. I'm using the factory speaker wire for the doors. Ran new wire for the tweeters and sub. I'm not throwing crazy power this was more to have cleaner sound. In the picture I'm using that to feed my speakers from my audio control amp. I'll see if I can grab a picture of the "t harness" I made and how it's setup when I have the car apart again to clean the wires up.

Thank you! I’m almost 99% certain that you grabbed the input side of the amp to feed your AC. If that works for you, then it’s not can bus which would be perfect! A T-harness can then be easily fabricated so there’s absolutely no cutting and splicing.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I think It is the output side. Let's say the can bus is the rca and the harness (when plugged in) is the output to the speakers. That's how I'm looking at it. But yes it was simple once I found the color code for the speakers.

Here’s all four harnesses to tap the factory amp in our Passports with the premium audio. It looks like youngjyg cracked the code on adding external amplification but having the other reverse harness might benefit another application:

Spiral Audio WH-0009
Spiral Audio WH-1008
Metra 71-1722
Scosche HA10B

Attachments

And here’s a closeup of our amplifier from the connection side:
Do you know the Manufacturer of the Amp?
How about the Power Output of the various channels?

These four harnesses allow you to create a T-harness for the input and output from the factory amplifier. They give you the option of gaining access to the signal of your choosing without cutting any factory wires.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts