Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
The 550 watt system is probably the best stock audio I have heard in anything I have tested. I am somewhat of an audiophile. For me , this would be the only reason to step up to the touring trim. Sport and xle systems are ok but there is a difference.

If you test it, take your time to play with the audio settings to get it to your liking.

I listened to some Earth Wind and Fire while testing. Sounded excellent!

I also did not find it very difficult to learn the infotainment system.

Play suit and tie by timberlake. Not one of my normal songs but my kids like it. When the bass hit, it was awesome! Be sure to turn it up!

Just got my 2020 Elite today! Loving it.
I have had very limited time to play with Audio but looked like the only real options were treble, mid, and bass. And a subwoofer setting? I felt like treble needed to be all the way up and bass about 3/4 and subwoofer about middle. Anything else seemed to bassy.

I am curious as to what everyones audio setup preferences are? Where do u set treble, mid, bass, sub etc...?

Just got my 2020 Elite today! Loving it.
I have had very limited time to play with Audio but looked like the only real options were treble, mid, and bass. And a subwoofer setting? I felt like treble needed to be all the way up and bass about 3/4 and subwoofer about middle. Anything else seemed to bassy.

I am curious as to what everyones audio setup preferences are? Where do u set treble, mid, bass, sub etc...?
Hello Barley, I too was very impressed with the stock Touring/Elite stereo system...UNTIL I upgrade the front & rear door speakers and front and rear tweeters. If you want audiophile -caliber sounds, then this is a must, have a look ate my Touring/Elite Upgrade thread in the Audio forum..

As far as the exact audio settings, I think it is a matter of personal preference and the type of music you listen too, I find myself dialing the sub, bass, treble or mid-range up and down depending on the recording I'm listening too.

oh, and welcome and congrats on your purchase...!

I'm running a completely stock Elite - yet feels it's sound is very acceptable.
For comparisons my home sound is driven by Carvers and original Polk 60 Monitors, all of (now forgotten) ancient age.

Noted exception: I very recently lost my left channel; I don't know if the failure is in the CT-17 preamp or the TFM-45 amp. Allowing that they're 30+ years old I accept that.

Since my home puter system And my TV system both have decent specs/ speakers I've not yet worried about fixing it.

This is an old pic but basically what I run:

Thanks all for the reply’s. I listen to everything from Grateful Dead to Bluegrass so I too find myself constantly messing with the settings! Glad its not just me. Was hoping to find that perfect setup so I could just drive, hahaha!

Hey Wrascal, I don't see an 8-Track player?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.