Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to be able to have all audio go to my ear buds vs. the car speakers - can I do that?

I have a 2021 Touring, and when I'm by myself, the Nav interrupts Sirius perfectly, and I'm as happy as can be. However, my significant other does not appreciate my taste in music, and does not want to hear the Nav telling how to get there -- she just does her thing (reads, works on computer, etc.) and finds all the "noise" annoying.

Everything I've read talks about going from phone to Passport speakers, but I'd like to go from speakers to ear buds!

Details: Phone is LGV30 (Android, and no issues with Android Auto), ear buds are Jabra Elite Active 75t (bluetooth).

Thanks!!

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
3,304 Posts
I know what you mean, my wife hates my music, but after 25 years she has learned she will not change me...

I don't know of a way to do what you are asking, so why not get HER the ear buds/air pods?

Reactions: Nipper Dog

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean, my wife hates my music, but after 25 years she has learned she will not change me...

I don't know of a way to do what you are asking, so why not get HER the ear buds/air pods?
I hear what you're saying - here's the issue: I'm coming from a 2002 Accord (yes, a 2002 with 235k miles!) where I ran Waze and my music/podcast on my phone and into my ear buds, so she is soooo used to doing her thing. Now I have this incredible vehicle, and it seems like I'm taking a step backwards in this area. I know I can go back to what I was doing, but it seems like such a waste of the features -- and moreover, I just can't believe there isn't a way to change the output audio - that seems like such a trivial thing!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd like to be able to have all audio go to my ear buds vs. the car speakers - can I do that?

I have a 2021 Touring, and when I'm by myself, the Nav interrupts Sirius perfectly, and I'm as happy as can be. However, my significant other does not appreciate my taste in music, and does not want to hear the Nav telling how to get there -- she just does her thing (reads, works on computer, etc.) and finds all the "noise" annoying.

Everything I've read talks about going from phone to Passport speakers, but I'd like to go from speakers to ear buds!

Details: Phone is LGV30 (Android, and no issues with Android Auto), ear buds are Jabra Elite Active 75t (bluetooth).

Thanks!!
Not possible with the Honda head unit in the Passport, everything goes out through the vehicle's speakers and there is no option to channel audio out through another medium. If you don't want to get the missus upset with your music taste you may have to mute the vehicle audio completely and listen to music via your phone connected ear buds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not possible with the Honda head unit in the Passport, everything goes out through the vehicle's speakers and there is no option to channel audio out through another medium. If you don't want to get the missus upset with your music taste you may have to mute the vehicle audio completely and listen to music via your phone connected ear buds.
Chip - thanks for the response. I could do that, but then I wouldn't hear the Nav - I guess I was assuming it would work just like it did via my phone - music, and then Nav would speak while the music went soft -- and just pipe that thru my phone...bummer!

·
Registered
553 Posts
That's the way my wife and I handle it. Whoever is driving (usually me) gets to choose what we listen to and if the other one doesn't like their choice of music, they wear their earbuds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts