Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Honda dealer in Metro ATL requiring arbitration document or they will not sell the car. Prevents buyer from being part of a lawsuit against the dealer, but settling for arbitration instead. Anyone else run into that? Is it a trend?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Unless that is some GA or local law, run away.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Standard thing with the last few new cars I've purchased. I believe it's also an automatic agreement with the manufacturer to agree to arbitration. Likely the dealer is following suit with their own arbitration agreement. I had to sign one today when purchasing my Passport. No big deal as I have never needed to sue anyone and don't plan to in the future.

·
2019 Touring: since March-2019
2,597 Posts
Yeah, In California you sign stuff saying you acknowledge there is NO return policy and a few other bs things, I'm sure every state has lawyers looking out for the Manufacturers..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wow, that is crazy. I guess that is a one huge plus for Washington State as we do not have this type of junk to sign when buying a new car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I have no problem with arbitration unless there is a class action law suit, which normally leaves plaintiffs with nothing after atty. fees. I am not a lawyer but that is how I understand it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts