Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a list of compatible cell phones for the 2019 Passport? I believe a number of issues I am having with my phone and the car are related to incompatibility. I would just like to verify that before calling Honda.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Since purchasing my Passport in March, it would not "speak" incoming texts to me. I found a list of compatible phones and apparently mine is too old (Samsung Galaxy 5). I also could not upload mp3 files to My Honda Music. A week ago I installed the new software download and it now works with texts and I can upload files!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine too is a S5 - I have had issues with this phone and the Passport. It does not to redial and the other sync features are lacking. I attemped to get the hondalink working and again it is only partial. I am able to see on my phone my gas amount and oil percentage but cannot get the advanced features to work in the least.
So what software did you download and install?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I already did the system updates on the car but it did not help. I was hoping there was an app (either for the car or the phone) that would assist.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Since purchasing my Passport in March, it would not "speak" incoming texts to me. I found a list of compatible phones and apparently mine is too old (Samsung Galaxy 5). I also could not upload mp3 files to My Honda Music. A week ago I installed the new software download and it now works with texts and I can upload files!
When you uploaded your music using the mp3 files to My Honda Music, does the cover art show when playing the song or album? I have uploaded a lot of albums using a flash drive that had them stored on it, but none of the cover art shows up. Music sounds fine, just no cover art shown.

·
Registered
591 Posts
To Drummer:
I installed the software the system downloaded itself. Sounds like you've done the same thing.

To ls973800:
I haven't really looked that closely to see if the cover art shows when playing a song. "My Honda Music" shows categories of songs, albums, etc. better than when playing the same files directly from the flash drive. I'll take note how the album art shows. I know when playing from the USB flash drive a number of my files don't have album art, since they are old classic rock stuff from the 60's and 70's.

·
Registered
102 Posts
To Drummer:
I installed the software the system downloaded itself. Sounds like you've done the same thing.

To ls973800:
I haven't really looked that closely to see if the cover art shows when playing a song. "My Honda Music" shows categories of songs, albums, etc. better than when playing the same files directly from the flash drive. I'll take note how the album art shows. I know when playing from the USB flash drive a number of my files don't have album art, since they are old classic rock stuff from the 60's and 70's.
Thank you. I have a few flash drives with music I copied from C/D's which when copied from the computer did include the cover art. If I play the flash drive in my computer, the cover art shows. When I copied that same music to "My Hond Music" none of the cover art shows.

some of the music was copied back in 2013, some of it just in the past several months. Makes no difference, just doesn't show in the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts